• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Low Cost Live Chat Software

"Low Cost Live Chat Software" the subject is interesting to me because in my eyes all chat is low cost. I remember my last gig in the biz I was pushing out 130K in monthly ad dollars. I was always happy when my guys found something less expensive but one thing I always looked at was did it produce like the one for more money.

Lets face it if your store brings in $800k a month and you get that to $950 a month your ad budget now has some flexibility. Selling more cars = ability to spend more money. I am not going to be selling cars at that level and have the base package with autotrader. That wouldn't make since.

So lets take a real example of a "low cost live chat software" to an "Automotive specific live chat software". A local dealer here in GA was using a free or cheap live chat solution and wasn't seeing results. This lead him to believe that chat didn't work for car dealers like he originally thought. I finally convinced him to switch and try a more expensive but Automotive specific. Chat results were amazing! He reported a few chats a week with the other "low cost live chat" and reported 12 sold cars in first two weeks with "automotive specific chat".

Chat isn't just chat. There is a science to making it work to its fullest potential. Us and the other chat companies that hustle in the automotive ring are students of the game. We have so much data that it would blow your mind.

You say Ryan, of course you say these things you want our business.

Of course I do but think about this. Something as small as adding "real" photos of your staff at the dealership could double the amount of chats you get. No, really see this Dealer Chat Vendor Reviews – ContactAtOnce! (Second video). The difference between $29 and $199 isn't big enough to have the automotive specific features that would generate the "sold cars" im looking for.

These greeting cards/dropin cards are legit and will produce majority of your chats.

Have a great day and I hope I made you stop and think. If not ignore me from now on because I wasted your time.

Close strong!

Reactions: 1 person
Started messing around with Livezilla...haven't made it very far. Might be out of my technical realm. We are hosted by clickmotive and I'm not sure about ftp settings or any of that business. Hah. Any type of walk through you could provide would be great.

JesseJ,

There are two parts to this. As for FTP if you have the ability and don't know code I would just forward the code provided by Livezilla to Clickmotive and tell them where you want it on the site. Then you will most likely need to either install software on your PC or if its web based login via your browser. If you have questions call me 678-446-7603. I know code and can probably add it for you if you need help. Just give me a call.

Ryan

Reactions: 1 person
What methods are you guys seeing with the best results as far as getting customers to utilize the chat? I've got live help available icons on every sales page, and have also tried various popup graphics with incentives etc. All with very little success.

What is the difference of generating sales leads/appointment/sales with adding chat and what was your expectation?

Smart Web Concepts is $25 per user and offers proactive chat - you can see who's on your site and send unique chats. Have a nice live website traffic view and is pretty easy to use. Been using them for a few years now. I use it on 11 sites - works great

It has:
auto-on auto-off
co-browse
chat history
refferer alerts example: PPC alerts agent of customer to monitor them etc
Dynamic chat popup - based on time on site, pages hit

If you are looking for low cost live chat software, you must be remember that you will not get all features in the chat software. I prefer to use comm100 live chat software for my website and it's really working effectively for my business. If you e-commerce website, you should use this software.

There is also chat out there where you dont have to worry if your sales staff is "logged into" your site or near their desk when a consumer wants to talk with them.

SHAMELESS PLUG: Our 24/7 manned chat is $8 per sales lead with service leads for free.

Regardless of who you use, definitely hire a company or man it in-house as it will increase your sales opportunities from your website 30-35%. Chat is an awesome product when turned on.