• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Mandates (vaccine) and the Automotive Dealership Industry

We are preparing to require vaccines in our group of 13 dealerships in CA. We are expecting osha guidelines will come out in 4-6 weeks and that you must be compliant within 75 days of it coming out. Thats just what we are hearing. i'm sure this changes by the day.

If you want to read a very well-written article, this neuroscientist penned a great one against the Alberta physician jab mandate being discussed:
https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinio...-reasons-why-hes-opposed-to-forced-covid-jab/

With widespread dissemination of COVID-19 vaccines during the pandemic, we are placing enormous evolutionary pressure on SARS-CoV-2 to continue mutating to evade our immune system, gain cell entry, replicate, and possibly cause illness. And, we are now using very “leaky” vaccines, making viral evasion from our antibodies that much easier. Only the fit will survive. Consider the reasonable analogy of antibiotic resistance – this is driven by the widespread and inappropriate use of antibiotics, not by people avoiding antibiotics (18).

If you want to read a very well-written article, this neuroscientist penned a great one against the Alberta physician jab mandate being discussed:
https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinio...-reasons-why-hes-opposed-to-forced-covid-jab/

This is essentially the topic that Joe Rogan did his "emergency podcast" on - vaccinating too high a % of the population forces evolution and results in things similar to the Delta variant. Joe get a real bad rap in this situation, but in this case he just provides a platform to the scientists so they can speak.

Numerous people have come out and talked about that. When we started we were told to flatten the curve, then we were told we just need to reach herd immunity. I think we may have blown right through herd immunity too quickly. Where I live we blew through 80% and are on our way to 90%.

Dr. Anthony Fauci has long cited 60% to 70% as the level of COVID infection/vaccination the country would need to achieve herd immunity — for the disease to fade and life to return to normal, writes the New York Times' Donald G. McNeil Jr.

"About a month ago, he began saying '70, 75 percent' in television interviews. And last week, in an interview with CNBC News, he said '75, 80, 85 percent' and '75 to 80-plus percent,'" McNeil writes.

We are preparing to require vaccines in our group of 13 dealerships in CA. We are expecting osha guidelines will come out in 4-6 weeks and that you must be compliant within 75 days of it coming out. Thats just what we are hearing. i'm sure this changes by the day.
Not trying to be funny or polical........but what is the general sentiment in your shop right now? I may need to start running Master Technician ads with a relocation bonus in California.

Not trying to be funny or polical........but what is the general sentiment in your shop right now? I may need to start running Master Technician ads with a relocation bonus in California.
i'm not privvy to the sentiment in our shops right now, but this is going to be a reality for any company with more than 100 employees in CA. But in our meetings i havent heard anyone bring up that it would be a major problem, but we shall see.