• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Modern Warfare 2

How's the MAG Beta been? I have that and Bad company 2 beta on my PS3 but have yet to try them out, MW2 has consumed me (still have god of war collection and assasin's creed 2 unwrapped waiting to be played, but don't see that happening anytime soon!)

Alex, are you 360 or PS3?

Andrew,
Sorry for the delay I have been a little under the weather. I haven't spent enough time on Mag to comment. I try to log in but it takes forever to find a game you can join (not sure if that is the beta or because most games have over 100 players) the graphics remind me of early version of C.O.D./ castle wolfenstein mp with the different classes like engineers and medics. The website sold me on the beta download but I haven't found the same enthusiasm for the actual game play. I have played Modern Warfare on xbox and PS3 and I can't believe how different they look. The xbox version is grainy compared to the PS3 version. I would compare it to regular and accelerated graphic settings in the pc world. One thing I do miss about not upgrading my xbox is Halo. Halo has to be the perfect console first person shooter. The control and response has been fine tuned for the console joystick controls.
We really need to start a Dealer Refresh Clan!

I will probably skip the better and just wait until MAG comes out in January. While I don't think it will dethrone MW2 as the multiplayer juggernaut that it is, the experience of that many players in one game might be different enough to peak my interest.

After a week at level 70 last night, I finally prestiged for the first time. At first I regretted it (I miss my Akimbo 1887's! As overpowered as they are, they're still fun!) But I find my game improving as I am using weapons that I never used before (machine pistols, lmg's, etc.) and am focusing more.

Ok, I got this game from my fiancee for xmas and really enjoy it. Problem is, i get on and do a team deathmatch with other guys who are like level sixties and from what I can gather from their comments I keep getting "pwned" all day! My little brother later informed me that guys would be on after xmas to easily level up on "noobs" like myself! I dont have a whole lot of buddies who play so Im looking for some guys to get on a team with and help me out so Im not constantly getting annihilated, lol! I play on PS3 and my gamertag is wak6382. If anyone wants to share tags with me I can add you to my friends list and when your on hopefully we can get together! Great game though, highly addicting! Even though im only 59 kills to 179 deaths so far! PS...whats this extended melee thing. I got guys stabbing me from 20 yards away!

Alex, glad to hear you are enjoying Drage Age. They are coming out with some good DLC shortly, and then in a few months, a $40 add on that starts a whole new campaign/origin/etc.

Here are some tips for starting out in MW2 :
- Like Ghen said, walk more often then sprinting
- Learn the maps. Play a few private LAN matches by yourself to spend some time alone on the maps to learn choke points, spawn points, routes, etc.
- always watch your corners, I typically throw a stun grenade before I turn a corner or enter a room to see if I get a "hit marker" so I know someone is there
- Killstreaks are useless if you never get any, so don't be tempted to go for high ones early on. A good starting setup is UAV/Care Package/Predator Missile (you can increase the predator missile speed by hitting the button that you use to fire your gun, except once you boost it, it cannot be slowed down.)
- UAV is a very underrated/underused killstreak. When you get a UAV, hit the start button to bring up the full map and let the UAV scan twice, it will show you were enemies are and what direction they are moving in
- Assault Rifles should be your primary weapon (over snipers, LMG's, and SMG's) The M4A1 is a very accurate rifle, slap a silencer on it and fire it in bursts vs. just holding your finger on the fire button. This will prevent inaccurate shots due to recoil
- If you want to use an SMG, us the UMP45 - it is one of the most overpowered guns in the game due to it only losing a small amount of damage over medium to long distances.

In general, you will get better over time as you learn the maps and where people like to "camp" and rush etc.