• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

New Reynolds and Reynolds process to prevent third party data collection.

Has Reynolds rolled out this "locking out" change to all of the stores yet?

I have 3 dealership clients that I do IT consulting for (and they use 7601, 7602 and the EraAccess Scheduler to run nightly downloads of Inventory data)... they haven't seen the userid locking issues yet... But maybe that's because they are the dealer running the automated data downloads, and not a third party vendor?

Reactions: 1 person
Has Reynolds rolled out this "locking out" change to all of the stores yet?

I really doubt it, affected dealers still seem to be a minority.

I imagine any company getting data via a non-RCI process will eventually be affected to some degree or another. IntegraLink and DMI just noticed it sooner because of interaction with so many systems since they service a large list of vendors and OEMs.

Could you imagine if Reynolds spent as much time developing products as they spent trying to hinder their competitors? They *could* do so much for the good of the industry... instead they seem to be determined to do drag everyone else down, including their customers. From my vantage point, it really seems like they are determined to not listen to their customers or business partners and instead create toll booths to collect more revenue. Companies who behave this way are often written about posthumously in business books of what not to do.

Reactions: 5 people
Could you imagine if Reynolds spent as much time developing products as they spent trying to hinder their competitors? They *could* do so much for the good of the industry... instead they seem to be determined to do drag everyone else down, including their customers. From my vantage point, it really seems like they are determined to not listen to their customers or business partners and instead create toll booths to collect more revenue. Companies who behave this way are often written about posthumously in business books of what not to do.

They can't, it is written in their policy book: "piss off the dealer as it if was a competing vendor and you shall be rewarded in the Reynolds heaven".

Reactions: 1 person
I like reynolds biz model. Its very logical and easy to follow:

1. Build a platform by committee (read: no vision or spirit to change the world!).
  2. Have no "dealer champion(s)" on the committee.
  3. Make little effort to field test the product with it's end users.
  4. Launch the product and make sure no one scores it's sucess by the dealer's ease of use, or it's depth of use.
  5. Leverage this dealer frustration with a new profit center called reyrey consulting.

And, to put the bow tie on this wonderful cesspool... Make sure the VP of ReyRey consulting is on the platform design committee from day one.