• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

New Reynolds and Reynolds process to prevent third party data collection.

unless Reynolds "banded" together with another major DMS provider to "price-fix" or do something else outlined in the Sherman Act.

I think coordinated actions among sellers to restrain trade in a specific market for their own benefit can violate the Sherman Act, even in the absence of a monopoly or majority control.

With the Sherman Act being a Federal Law, it's application here is likely to be more dependent on how it affects interstate commerce.

[X] Would gladly participate in a well organised flash mob.

Reactions: 2 people
I had a question for this group... one of my dealer clients asked me today if their CPA firm was allowed to run automated downloads during the Year End Audit process period? This is a good question, I know most CPA firms have data extraction tools that use the Scheduler in ERAlink to extract data during certain periods of the year for dealers... Are the CPA companies going to get locked out as well from doing this, i.e. they are technically third party's?

I don't believe the RCI program allows for Accounting data to be extracted at this point in time, so how does this get done?

Bueller?

DealerIntelligence

Has anyone figured out what Reynolds is doing to choose what account to lock out? Is it based on the number of reports being brought down or is it related to the size of the files being brought down?
My company continually is being locked out and we have to get a new ID with the correct privileges to bring down the reports we need via report scheduler / query builder. Becoming certified is not an option as we only have a handful of ReyRey customers. Although loosing these customers is also not a viable option either. Does anyone have any new update on avoiding the lock outs?

Has anyone figured out what Reynolds is doing to choose what account to lock out? Is it based on the number of reports being brought down or is it related to the size of the files being brought down?
My company continually is being locked out and we have to get a new ID with the correct privileges to bring down the reports we need via report scheduler / query builder. Becoming certified is not an option as we only have a handful of ReyRey customers. Although loosing these customers is also not a viable option either. Does anyone have any new update on avoiding the lock outs?

I don't think anyone has found the magic bullet at this point. I have heard a lot of theories some that make sense others that just seem out there. In reality I doubt any one action or activity is to blame. Here are some of the theories that seem hold some water, but again my feeling is we are dealing with a combination of triggers.

• User name and/or full name text. Seems Reynolds may have some kind of black list that triggers a lock.
  • frequent activity in 6910 in certain files
  • High input speed
  • Ids configured solely for data collection
That said I think it is clear anyone outside of Dayton, and most of the people there, are just guess as to the trigger.

• User name and/or full name text. Seems Reynolds may have some kind of black list that triggers a lock.
  • frequent activity in 6910 in certain files
  • High input speed
  • Ids configured solely for data collection

User name, 6910, 7601, report name and report contents seem to be the most prevalent.

A manufacturer who uses a popular, already "Certified" vendor indicated that their dealers are being specifically targeted because the manufacturer refused to pay additional monies to Reynolds for their nationwide program which has been in place for years.

Their vendor is already certified!

The last I heard, the "Certified" vendors User Ids were being deleted after running the Manufacturers report. Sometimes every day.