• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

New Reynolds and Reynolds process to prevent third party data collection.

We all know *why* ReyRey is performing this bullshit: to stifle competition.

I am a dealer. I utilize the scheduler as well for internal reporting. I am not ReyRey's competition. If one of my accounts get locked I will be on the phone with my Reynolds "Advocate" before the server even closes my port.

@Jarky: No word from ReyRey regarding this change, but also no problems with any of our ERA accounts being locked.

Art I would love to hear if you run into any issues. My guess is as long as you are using all PC file output options you should be okay. I have a feeling they are somehow targeting people trying to reproduce "on screen" style output. Rumors also floating around about them enhancing the process to avoid locking out dealer personnel. Lots of theories not much certain.

@ JesseJ I am guessing they referred you to the RCI number? Like I said sadly that is not an option for everyone since Reynolds will only certify companies that sell a product directly to a dealer. Not to mention the costs involved...

My guess is as long as you are using all PC file output options you should be okay. I have a feeling they are somehow targeting people trying to reproduce "on screen" style output.

I don't know about this assumption anymore. Just had a dealer this morning who set up an ID on Friday to run files for me on his local PC, via 7601/7602 and the scheduler. Never shared the ID or password with me, he just logged into it once on the PC to set the initial password then entered it in the scheduler. By Saturday it was locked.

Jarky,

That's disturbing... Based on what I heard from Reynolds and other folks last week, I was advising the dealers who I consult for, that their process of running 7601, 7602 via the scheduler was a legit way to go, and that they didn't have to worry about their userids being locked. Seems this is not true...

Jarky,

That's disturbing... Based on what I heard from Reynolds and other folks last week, I was advising the dealers who I consult for, that their process of running 7601, 7602 via the scheduler was a legit way to go, and that they didn't have to worry about their userids being locked. Seems this is not true...

I agree it is disturbing. Obviously no one outside of Reynolds knows exactly what or how they are doing it. I hope your dealers have different experiences. Just wanted to share this case as it seems the Reynolds' logic is not without issue.

I agree it is disturbing. Obviously no one outside of Reynolds knows exactly what or how they are doing it. I hope your dealers have different experiences. Just wanted to share this case as it seems the Reynolds' logic is not without issue.

From the feedback I got from my dealers it seems to be alot of miss-information going around, including the RR people.

I would also point out that in my experience Reynolds is the only DMS using these tactics against their customers and their vendors. The other DMS providers go out of their way to help customers work with their chosen vendors. Dealers write a big monthly check for support. They do have control.