• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
Sep 7, 2019
First Name
John
Hi everyone. I'm wondering if someone can lend some information regarding OEM-level GEO-advertising guidelines. For example, if I'm a franchise Ford dealer, does Ford restrict me from advertising in certain geographical areas? Or perhaps someone can advise me in terms of who/where to ask this question? I assume each OEM is different. Any information is helpful. I'm particularly interested in display advertising guidelines.

Hi everyone. I'm wondering if someone can lend some information regarding OEM-level GEO-advertising guidelines. For example, if I'm a franchise Ford dealer, does Ford restrict me from advertising in certain geographical areas? Or perhaps someone can advise me in terms of who/where to ask this question? I assume each OEM is different. Any information is helpful. I'm particularly interested in display advertising guidelines.
Look for something about your AGGSA.

Hi @John Ray, most OEMs will require dealerships to advertise within their PMA. They do this to protect their network.

They have picked up on the practice because the internet lets us target in a better way where we show our ads.

You should ask if you don't have them yet, for your PMA's zip code list and upload them when doing Facebook or Google Ads per example.

Important: zipcode targeting is not perfect in two main ways:

1) It will reduce significantly the volume of search you're going to appear on
2) It's not a perfect science. Your competitor might still send you screenshots of you popping in their region...

When you say Display, are you talking about Google and/or Facebook?