• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Online Negotiation

Alex, I have yet to see any "online negotiation software" become successful. myLIVEoffer.com or Skoots, whatever they go by now, was one that I know several dealers failed on including several dealers I work with.

I think Alex can chime in on this one as well. I know he was using MyLiveOffer and had a few dealers that did better with it than others.

I believe RedNumbat does something like a negotiation process. I'm not 100% positive on that so don't quote me on that.

I think there is only a small % of the population that likes to really negotiation whether online or offline and this is why these programs have not been successful.

:2cents:

I think Alex can chime in on this one as well. I know he was using MyLiveOffer and had a few dealers that did better with it than others.

The economy put it on hold for a little while, but there may be something that picks the ball back up on it in the near future.

We had some good success with it. I think it is a viable "side-solution" that helps you get a few extra deals each month. The interface is what makes or breaks one of these tools and I have yet to see one that has a good interface in my opinion.

RedNumbat is a lead generating software that helps a dealer capture more leads off of their site by giving the customer a price quote on a specific in stock vehicle. Basically, a customer visits your page, sees the RedNumbat. Clicks on the RedNumbat, picks out a vehicle from stock. Submits a lead consisting of first name, last name, email address, and phone number. Now literally within seconds the customer gets their price while you get the lead in your CRM/ILM. It is a sweet little product that is pretty inexpensive and helps increase lead count from your website.

RedNumbat is a lead generating software that helps a dealer capture more leads off of their site by giving the customer a price quote on a specific in stock vehicle. Basically, a customer visits your page, sees the RedNumbat. Clicks on the RedNumbat, picks out a vehicle from stock. Submits a lead consisting of first name, last name, email address, and phone number. Now literally within seconds the customer gets their price while you get the lead in your CRM/ILM. It is a sweet little product that is pretty inexpensive and helps increase lead count from your website.

Thanks for posting Stan, but that sure looks like advertising. Besides, what does it have to do with online negotiation other than simply sending a customer a price before speaking to a person?

Stan, I'm with Alex on this one. There a many widgets out there that send prices to customers after they submit there information.

Jeff - Widestorm is actually the latest company to approach me about online negotiation and I would be interested to know if anyone out there has successfully used them. I keep thinking to myself, what would be the difference in paying them the money or putting a nice pretty image on the page that says (Online Negotiation). I could then have our internet reps use our desking tool and send back multiple quotes/payment options.

I shopped a dealer - Tonkin Honda - who was using the Widestorm online negotiation tool. From the consumer perspective, the process was overly complicated and cumbersome. I had to set up an account with a password, and the negotiation was not done live, it was done via email or done via this online account I had set up. There may be more that the tool offers but it was not evident during my experience.