• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Purecars.com - anyone using it?

Wow - these guys need massive help. Their inventory details pages are throwing up server errors. Too many pages open in new windows, and I can go on and on and on. I highly advise they get on the horn with their site host (eCustomizing: Leader in Automotive Dealership Consulting, Websites, CRM, ILM Technologies) immediately!

An inventory details page:

121-server-error-vdp.png

PureCars display reminds me of TrueCar.com. The boring and flat AutoTrader, Cars.com classified shopping system has been UNCHANGED for a decade. Somewhere out there right now, a game-changer is out there burning the midnight oil. It's just a matter of time.

Like I mentioned in the CarGurus column, Batten down the hatches ya'll, change is a comin'. CarGurus.com fell short because it's revenue model limits it to select "pay-per-lead" inventory sources. It wont be long.

Last edited:
Alex, I TOTALLY forgot about this thread. I just signed on with PureCars last week after sitting down with the founder and going over the product.

The initial response from the dealers has been positive. As time moves forward, I'll report back.

purecar_example.jpg