• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

QR Codes - In or Out?

P.S.
The idea was born based on a study released by Cobalt that talked about treating your inventory like a potential date on match.com. You want your prospect to learn more when they visit your site. You want your car to be a "potential match" in the selection criteria. Talking qr's give your prospect that opportunity. Like them or not, they are a tool.

@sgeneralgrievous No offense with my comments, just an inside joke since this thread is one of the longest running ones.

This thread is going down as the most active one in 2014. I'm glad someone brought it back up :)

Yes, this thread will not die! And that's a good thing. I scrolled through some of the older posts and it's amazing how the feelings toward QR's have changed from "it's the hottest thing out there" to "worst idea ever". I have to admit that in the early going I was one of the "hottest thing out there" guys. There is something about us car guys that makes us want to jump at the newest shiny object and thinking we can make it work. We're also smart enough to realize after thorough testing when to move on.

QR codes may not have been a success but there are still benefits to them.
It may not be for customers, but it is useful for inside the dealerships to track inventory quickly instead of having to type in the full VIN

Inside the dealership we have been using barcodes for 20 years. QR code offers no benefits in that area.

And the other tracking technologies are moving to better strategies like infrared, NFC, etc.

Reactions: Chad Carleton