• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

RedBumper Inventory Management - Time for Innovation!!

Redbumper

Smashing Bugs
Oct 31, 2011
First Name
J
[FONT=&amp]Today, just about every dealership in the country has some sort of inventory management system. We have a number of companies in the market pitching all sorts of management solutions. Each seems to have its own special twist or focus, but in my opinion, each is a simply a variation of the other with a few differences here and there. There has been no real innovation in the industry in the last decade. Sure, there are stocking tools with graphs and charts; pricing tools that show us how our competitors are pricing cars on AutoTrader and Cars.com but where’s the real innovation? [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Think about it this way. Back in 2001 when American Auto Exchange (AAX) was introduced as the first analytical inventory management system the Internet was just really getting started. There were no national wireless networks; no Smartphone’s and Google had 3 more years before it would go public! Think about the innovation you’ve seen in the last decade. Technology has literally changed our world and it’s changed the way we live. Has the auto industry kept pace? I think you know the answer. We’re years behind where we need to be. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Bill Gates Quote: “We are in a post PC World”[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]To add insult to injury the systems on the market today have become clustered and bloated with report upon report. A dealer has to have a computer science degree to understand half the reports and as a result he doesn’t use them…but he sure pays for them! Technology is supposed to make things easier. It’s supposed to streamline tasks and processes and create efficiency. The systems on the market today are way overpriced for what they offer and deliver.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]It’s time for real innovation. It’s time to understand that a SmartPhone is a computer and it’s not just a nifty way to book out a vehicle. Dealers don’t have time to sit in front of computer terminals. They are at auctions, on the lots doing appraisals, doing trade walks. You get the idea. So let’s create a system that is SmartPhone centric, which correlates to a True Full Mobile Inventory Management System. Let’s have it communicate in real-time with tablets and desktop computers. Let’s give it unlimited power and functionality. [/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: It’s Time for Innovation!!

Because this does not technically violate the DealerRefresh solicitation rules I'm letting this thread live. But this stinks :thumbdn:

And it stinks because of the solicitation instant messages sent by this user account and other posts/threads we've had to moderate. Please read this article and rethink your strategy Redbumper: Social Media Etiquette for companies and vendors

I totally agree and apologize in regards to the initial instant messages issues. Since your partner notified me when I first got on I have not instant messaged anyone and will not. I was politely ask to stick to issues they we all face on a daily basis and provide an opinion on what may help other people.

Thanks for the response. We do our best to keep DealerRefresh focused on solving dealership business problems. Although there are solutions that absolutely do this, ramming those solutions into dealers' faces is not something we condone. You've got a link to look at for advice in my previous post and both Jeff & I are always available if you're wondering what crosses the "blatant sales pitch" line.

Thanks for listening :thumbup:

Redbumper,

Allow me to explain what "where's the beef" means.

Drop the fluff from your presentation and present facts. You state that inventory management systems are all very similar and they have had no innovation in a decade. You say your platform does more with less.

Build your case, Use screen shots, and be sure to include competitive comparisons showing us how you've mastered the basics and what "innovations" that set your platform apart from your competition.

Reactions: 1 person

Joe, I would love nothing more to provide the comparisons between our program with screen shots and the others in the market. If I am allowed to do that on this thread I am all in. I do not want to violate the rules again.