• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

ReyRey Contact Management Help Needed

FOR INSTANCE:

One shopper submits 2+ leads overnight (examples: #1. Trade-in form, #2. finance form and #3. VDP form "is this vehicle avail and does it have warranty left?") .

Problem: When the 1st lead is claimed your system it doesn't automatically route the unclaimed duplicate(s) to the 1st person to claim the lead. We have 2&3 reps calling the same shopper A LOT.

Not good.

This was the first fault I found in ReyReys CRM when I sat through a demo a few years back. It's opportunity based - each lead is viewed as a completely new opportunity. A real nightmare for Internet lead management.

It's been awhile, but not too long ago I was told that there are very limited resources places behind Contact Manager on the support level.

Joe - I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for here. Are you saying the CRM should forget who is assigned to the customer record in favor of some complex rules you're going to setup? Do you think more than 90% of the dealers out there could handle that?

And crap! I now sound like a damn vendor :banghead: :lol:

hahaha Alex, the CHANGE is underway!

No, really, all I am trying to do is not that complex.Actually, all I want to do is COPY what we'd all do if we did it manually.

Here's the set up.

3/1/2006: Mr Jones fills out a form and it creates a record in CRM, lead assigned to Rep#19.
4/19/2006: Mr Jones walks in, buys from Rep#34, Rep creates a new record in CRM (doesn't want #19 to know!)

-time passes-

7/21/2010: Mr Jones wants a new ride, goes to the web site, fills out a form... WHO SHOULD GET THE LEAD?

Rep #19 gets the lead.

IMO, rep#34 sold Mr Jones the car, he has the strongest ties, he should be getting the lead.

Lead routing is rules based logic (if, then). I am saying the rules being used are flawed.

Last edited:
hahaha Alex, the CHANGE is underway!

No, really, all I am trying to do is not that complex.Actually, all I want to do is COPY what we'd all do if we did it manually.

Here's the set up.

3/1/2006: Mr Jones fills out a form and it creates a record in CRM, lead assigned to Rep#19.
4/19/2006: Mr Jones walks in, buys from Rep#34, Rep creates a new record in CRM (doesn't want #19 to know!)

-time passes-

7/21/2010: Mr Jones wants a new ride, goes to the web site, fills out a form... WHO SHOULD GET THE LEAD?

Rep #19 gets the lead.

IMO, rep#34 sold Mr Jones the car, he has the strongest ties, he should be getting the lead.

Lead routing is rules based logic (if, then). I am saying the rules being used are flawed.

Just so you know you can set it so that Duplicate Client Entry requires a management override but the bad part about it is it checks all client contact fields for a match (ex. last name, phone #, email, ect.) when you run into a client with a common last name, a manager always has to approve it by going to the sales reps desk and entering in their password. If you need help setting this up, give me a call.

Reactions: 1 person
Internet Sales Professionals!

Let's play a game! Who should get this lead?
3 years ago, customer submits an email to sales rep #1. Then, 9 days later, customer buys car from rep #2.

Ok... Happens every day... so what?
Customer wants another car and sends in an email today (yes!!!! very good news!!)

Who gets the lead? Which rep holds the key to future relations?

Sales Rep Number 2 (the rep that sold the car) ! Hooray for sales logic!!

OOPS! WRONG! ... WHAT???

From my discussions with Customer Support, ReyRey CRM does not look at "client status" (aka sold or unsold) when distributing leads. It defaults to an email match, then, if all else is equal, it distributes the lead to the 1st rep assigned.

someone shoot me...

ReyRey CRM project manager... Add this to your "what was I thinking?" pile.

Joe, That isn't a CRM that I am familiar with. Throughout the month, I would go through the reports menu and merge duplicates (phone numbers, email addresses and usernames etc.). Customers would submit a lead and then call back and end up with a different ISM. When that ISM logged the phone call, they would often put it in as a duplicate lead. As long as the first ISM had maintained contact, I would merge it so that it would be in the first ISM's name. It also helped eliminate skating between ISMs and the floor. Without merging leads, a department will be overstating their lead count and hurting their closing percentages.

Joe, That isn't a CRM that I am familiar with. Throughout the month, I would go through the reports menu and merge duplicates (phone numbers, email addresses and usernames etc.). Customers would submit a lead and then call back and end up with a different ISM. When that ISM logged the phone call, they would often put it in as a duplicate lead. As long as the first ISM had maintained contact, I would merge it so that it would be in the first ISM's name. It also helped eliminate skating between ISMs and the floor. Without merging leads, a department will be overstating their lead count and hurting their closing percentages.

DD,

On the example above, from the shoppers perspective, are you saying:

#1). I submit a form lead
--days pass--
#2). I call the store an speak to a rep
--days pass--
#3). I get a follow up call from the rep that answered the form lead

Did your de-dupe assign the lead to the 1st rep?
Does your de-dupe process look at notes left by the rep?

Hey Tom,

I like your stylish Vendors Box in your sig!

Tom Fohr
New Vehicle Sales Manager

Kunes Country Ford Stateline Superstore
104 Route 173 | Antioch, IL 60002

Direct Phone: (847) 838-7518
Email: [email protected]

CRM: ReyRey | DMS: Reynolds & Reynolds | Website: DealerFire | Inventory/Pricing: vAuto | Internet Leads: ResponseLogix | Call Tracking: CallBright Integrated with CRM | History Reports: AutoCheck

DD,

On the example above, from the shoppers perspective, are you saying:

#1). I submit a form lead
--days pass--
#2). I call the store an speak to a rep
--days pass--
#3). I get a follow up call from the rep that answered the form lead

Did your de-dupe assign the lead to the 1st rep?
Does your de-dupe process look at notes left by the rep?

Joe, because it was manual process, I made the decision where the lead goes. Usually, that determination is made by the notes but sometimes, I had to listen to the phone calls. If rep #1 made no effort to follow up with the customer, I gave it to #2. The information, that guided my decision, remains in the system, after the merge. I can't remember, too many times, that my judgement was questioned.

It can be complicated when a husband submits a lead and then the wife calls. Two different phone numbers. With Hispanic customers, wives don't always take their husband's last name. It may be a father helping a married daughter.

If it is one buying influence, it should be one lead. I don't want two salespeople chasing the same sale.

Hey Tom,

I like your stylish Vendors Box in your sig!

Tom Fohr
New Vehicle Sales Manager

Kunes Country Ford Stateline Superstore
104 Route 173 | Antioch, IL 60002

Direct Phone: (847) 838-7518
Email: [email protected]

CRM: ReyRey | DMS: Reynolds & Reynolds | Website: DealerFire | Inventory/Pricing: vAuto | Internet Leads: ResponseLogix | Call Tracking: CallBright Integrated with CRM | History Reports: AutoCheck

Busted... Yes I did definately steal that from you but figured it's helpful to everyone else here so people know who to ask what!

Joe, About to go head first into IMagicLab to R&R Contact Management transition. I appreciate how you started your research here and look to follow same. I am comfortable with action plans, process and templates... Now to figure out the differences in systems. Any suggestions or stumbling blocks you (or others) would like to point out?
Thanks and Good Selling,
DTG