• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

ReyRey Contact Management Help Needed

If the system is not sales rep friendly, then everything is a mess. Customers get lost, reports are junk, reps just blindly push buttons to try to shut the schedules down to shut it up (because the choices don't match the reps needs). If the system is not intuitive for the sales rep, then we get the age old computer classic: Garbage In, Garbage Out.

There you go Joe - that is the make or break factor of a CRM. The other portion is the duplicate prospect checking. Get those two things straight and now you're cooking. Sounds simple doesn't it?

Our reps (on average) have 70+ open tasks in their "Daily Work Plan" area every morning. That's right... 70 incomplete tasks, all presented in a multi-page list, but, NOT ALL TASKS ARE EQUAL. A rep wants to attack the fresh prospects that came in overnight. There is NO TASK RANKING SYSTEM. Reps need to be smart, so they have to manually review the list to find the fresh leads first...AND finding them fast is not easy.

Two things here:

1. Yes, you're absolutely right. Tasks should be weighted. The question is: who determines the weight? The sales agent or the CRM architect?

2. If your sales agents have 70+ to-do items each day, then you should relook at the process plans you're feeding them. What is the threshold of your sales staff? Can they handle 50 to-do's a day? 30 to-do's a day? 20 to-do's a day? This is a paramount metric each manager should know about his/her staff because this metric is what pushes the needle when applied properly.

Two things here:

1. Yes, you're absolutely right. Tasks should be weighted. The question is: who determines the weight? The sales agent or the CRM architect?

2. If your sales agents have 70+ to-do items each day, then you should relook at the process plans you're feeding them. What is the threshold of your sales staff? Can they handle 50 to-do's a day? 30 to-do's a day? 20 to-do's a day? This is a paramount metric each manager should know about his/her staff because this metric is what pushes the needle when applied properly.

#1 = Architect

#2 = My 70 number was way off. I was looking at our top performers only and they get behind.

ReyRey has a nice "bulk mail" feature where snail and regular email can be batched and sent with a simple click or 2. This is a great help with work loads.

Internet Sales Professionals!

Let's play a game! Who should get this lead?
3 years ago, customer submits an email to sales rep #1. Then, 9 days later, customer buys car from rep #2.

Ok... Happens every day... so what?
Customer wants another car and sends in an email today (yes!!!! very good news!!)

Who gets the lead? Which rep holds the key to future relations?

Sales Rep Number 2 (the rep that sold the car) ! Hooray for sales logic!!

OOPS! WRONG! ... WHAT???

From my discussions with Customer Support, ReyRey CRM does not look at "client status" (aka sold or unsold) when distributing leads. It defaults to an email match, then, if all else is equal, it distributes the lead to the 1st rep assigned.

someone shoot me...

ReyRey CRM project manager... Add this to your "what was I thinking?" pile.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
FOR INSTANCE:

One shopper submits 2+ leads overnight (examples: #1. Trade-in form, #2. finance form and #3. VDP form "is this vehicle avail and does it have warranty left?") .

Problem: When the 1st lead is claimed your system it doesn't automatically route the unclaimed duplicate(s) to the 1st person to claim the lead. We have 2&3 reps calling the same shopper A LOT.

Not good.

From my discussions with Customer Support, ReyRey CRM does not look at "client status" (aka sold or unsold) when distributing leads. It defaults to an email match, then, if all else is equal, it distributes the lead to the 1st rep assigned.

someone shoot me...

ReyRey CRM project manager... Add this to your "what was I thinking?" pile.

You can't just change who is assigned to the customer and have the lead go to that person?

You can't just change who is assigned to the customer and have the lead go to that person?

Ahh... Sure. Reassigning leads manually is easy, but so is printing out leads and handing them out.

CRM Software = Customer Relationship Management Software... right?
WIKI: CRM involves using technology to organize, automate, and synchronize business processes—principally sales activities

If CRM has multiple reps on a new lead and it's several years since the last communication, and the lead is not VIN/Franchise/GEO specific, would it not make sense to award the lead to whom ever it was that sold the shopper last? Am I missing something?

I'm making every effort to respond to an incoming email with a phone call inside of 15 minutes. This means routing the leads into the reps lap with no manual reviews. Reassigning leads after contact has been made is like going to a restaurant and being asked to sit at a different table after you've been seated. It's not a big deal, it just makes you wonder about the management.

Last edited:
Joe - I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for here. Are you saying the CRM should forget who is assigned to the customer record in favor of some complex rules you're going to setup? Do you think more than 90% of the dealers out there could handle that?

And crap! I now sound like a damn vendor :banghead: :lol:

Joe,

That's one big mountain you're trying to move. You'll need a bigger shovel! If anyone at Reynolds was paying attention they would listen to all that you have to say and start taking action. Many have tried to do what you're attempting with no success. My advice, find a new mountain with better peaks and views, they exist.