• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Sean Wolfington (BZ) resurfaces - Now with VINSolutions??

Vinsolutions already is a company that does everything, who would they sell out to? I can't think of any one large company that would want to buy the entire package... Unless some pieces are just window dressing. I don't know anyone with a vinsolutions website for example... but maybe I didn't look hard enough.

edit: found one.. I love google! searched for "powered by vinsolutions" LOL

Historically our websites were good, but definitely not the best available. Over the last 6 months we have completely overhauled the technology and hired some amazing graphic artists. Our websites are definitely some of the best available today. We have some advanced features in our inventory search and detail pages that no other vendor has. We also have some powerful SEO features that no one else has.

Here are some of our newer sites:
http://www.mykcford.com/
http://www.frankkenthonda.com/
http://www.tasca.com/
http://www.dalejarrettford.com/

Last edited:

Matt,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I would like to discuss these websites and see what others think in regards to my comments. I am no website expert by any means, but I do know what I like and dislike.

Here are my thoughts on yours:

Gary Crossley Ford The All New #1 I like the look except the third row down where the body shop link is, I think that whole row should go and the row of cars streaming across should be next since it would then appear at the bottom of my screen.

Honda Fort Worth: Frank Kent Dealership, New Honda Car Dealers, Used Cars For Sale, Car Finance, Auto Repair Service PURPLE HONDA SITE???? Is that Honda approved? Talk about missing the mark on using Honda branding power. The Honda logo looks like it was copied and pasted from another site.

Ford Lincoln Mercury, Mazda, Volvo, New Cars, Used Cars for Sale ? Tasca, Providence Rhode Island Try clicking some on the manufacturer logos, some of them don't take you anywhere. Others open a whole new tab and some just change the screen to that dealership. Very confusing. Too many colors going on in my opinion.

Dale Jarrett Ford 88 Dale Jarrett Blvd. Indian Trail, NC 28110 This one was the best of the bunch.

I do like your CRM tool though!

Matt,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I would like to discuss these websites and see what others think in regards to my comments. I am no website expert by any means, but I do know what I like and dislike.

Jerry,

Great design must produce ROI and that's not seen by the naked eye. How can you form an opinion without knowing the score???

We've had this talk before, You're a well ranked golfer, should I be giving YOU golf swing and game management opinions? ... NOT! You were a master chess player! Does my opinions on how to win at chess important to you? NOT!! You were a highly accomplished and competitive water skier, can my arm chair QB opinions help you, a champion water skier, win more events? NOT.

Opinions are like a**hol*s, everyone has one. Just because you have one does not mean yours has value. Opinions matter when you have a few thousand hours in effort to back them up.

The REAL game in design is all about producing conversions.
Just like in Golf or Chess, opinions in design (that really matter) come from players that invested the thousands of hours into design and are FORCED to produce MORE conversions. To get there, a designer has to totally know our industry and has deep dived into shopper needs analysis 1st. From there a designer creates several layout designs 2nd, then the designer creates A/B studies of these layouts and then multivariate testing to optimize call to action triggers for maximum user interaction.

Many think that great page design is simply inspiration and a creative eye. No... that is simply the 1st swing on the 1st tee of a 3 day 72hole tournament.

Design is my passion, so I get a bit worked up, Sorry about the 'rant.

Honda Fort Worth: Frank Kent Dealership, New Honda Car Dealers, Used Cars For Sale, Car Finance, Auto Repair Service PURPLE HONDA SITE???? Is that Honda approved? Talk about missing the mark on using Honda branding power. The Honda logo looks like it was copied and pasted from another site.

I like the purple Honda site. Reminds me of Cars.com, but it is actually my favorite design of all the sites posted here. Or maybe I like it because I really enjoy things that tick off compliancy folks :devil:

Matt,

Here are my thoughts on yours:

Gary Crossley Ford The All New #1 I like the look except the third row down where the body shop link is, I think that whole row should go and the row of cars streaming across should be next since it would then appear at the bottom of my screen.

Ford Lincoln Mercury, Mazda, Volvo, New Cars, Used Cars for Sale ? Tasca, Providence Rhode Island Try clicking some on the manufacturer logos, some of them don't take you anywhere. Others open a whole new tab and some just change the screen to that dealership. Very confusing. Too many colors going on in my opinion.

Dale Jarrett Ford 88 Dale Jarrett Blvd. Indian Trail, NC 28110 This one was the best of the bunch.

I do like your CRM tool though!

The thing about dealer websites.;.. is at the end of the day... it is what the dealer wants. We work with them to suggest best practices, but sometimes they demand a purple Honda site or other things. You know what they say... the customer is always right.

I didn't necessarily pick the 4 best site we've ever done, just 4 I could think of off hand. All of our sites are customizable and not completely cookie cutter sites.

Couple more examples:
http://britishmotorexotics.com/
http://www.landroversj.com/

The thing about dealer websites.;.. is at the end of the day... it is what the dealer wants. We work with them to suggest best practices, but sometimes they demand a purple Honda site or other things. You know what they say... the customer is always right.http://www.landroversj.com/

Yes you have to deliver what the customer wants. I wonder if the people who make those big blowup Gorilla's have ever made a big purple Barney? Might be a good promotional thing for that dealer. :rofl:

Thanks for the links matt, You're right those sites look a ton better than the ones I found with google.. They remind me of Cobalt's sites actually because of the larger sized header, "widescreen" center flash, and "widget" pieces underneath for differing items.

" = my words lol