• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
I have used so many SEO vendors over the years and I did find one I like, trust, produce results, and doesn't cost a lot of money. What I have learned is that you should be able to answer these questions:

1. How much actual content will they write?
2. Is the content original and not generated?
3. Create a baseline that is third party so you aren't just relying on their reports? I recommend Organic visits in Google Analytics.
4. Can they create a map of keywords to target each month?
5. Can you see the content or is it hidden? Hidden content is not as good. Plus many vendors say they update pages but you can't track it or it is hard to track.
6. Will the company do onsite and offsite linking?

There are more but this could help.

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
I have used so many SEO vendors over the years and I did find one I like, trust, produce results, and doesn't cost a lot of money. What I have learned is that you should be able to answer these questions:

1. How much actual content will they write?
2. Is the content original and not generated?
3. Create a baseline that is third party so you aren't just relying on their reports? I recommend Organic visits in Google Analytics.
4. Can they create a map of keywords to target each month?
5. Can you see the content or is it hidden? Hidden content is not as good. Plus many vendors say they update pages but you can't track it or it is hard to track.
6. Will the company do onsite and offsite linking?

There are more but this could help.
Now you're talking.... and you should take your SEO to task.

You've left out a bunch of things like on-site vs. off-site content, keywords densities, evergreen vs. non-evergreen, etc,.

Any SEO worth its weight will give you that information up front. There are benchmarks against tiers, etc. as well. When I was in charge of an SEO team, we had a number of tiers and did not (repeat did not) promise the world or first page ranking or call ourself "experts." Anyone that does, run in the opposite direction. You cannot be an expert with a system that changes their algorithm (every so often) in order to keep groups from dominating organic rankings. This is done by Google, Bing, etc. in order to promote their paid search efforts.

We did go after long-tail keywords as part of our strategy. Truth be told, most visitors are going to search for your brand / dealer name anyway.

Good SEO is about fundamentals that should get you to where you need to be, along with a quality web platform (automotive) / user experience.

gShift SEO
I used https://www.gshiftlabs.com/web-presence-analytics/software/seo for reporting. Includes, Not Provided and Secure Search Insights.

THE 50 TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED if you have SEO PowerSuite
I used https://www.link-assistant.com/news/50-tools.html for tracking.

I no longer work in SEO (kinda' sad actually), but I will say that Autofusion does a great job (I'd outsource what we couldn't handle to them).
https://www.autofusion.com/car-dealer-seo.html

Last edited:
Last edited: