• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Tekion - EV Digital Retail solution for car dealers?

1630429148623.png

What's interesting is none of the dealers featured on Tekion's testimonial page seem to use Tekion digital retailing on their website.

Winton uses GM Shop Click Drive.

Walt Massey uses Dealer Inspire Online Shopper, GM Shop Click Drive, and Nissan CarSaver.

Bowman uses Gubagoo Virtual Retailing and GM Shop Click Drive.

Are there any instances of Tekion's digital retailing tool out in the wild?

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
"What's interesting is none of the dealers featured on Tekion's testimonial page seem to use Tekion digital retailing on their website."

That's true with most DR provider websites. Most have testimonials from customers who no longer use their services.

That's true with most DR provider websites. Most have testimonials from customers who no longer use their services.

One of those data plugins you don't hear much about anymore is still firing in thousands of dealership websites. Someone with access shared with me that well over 80% of dealer websites have used more than 3 different digital retailing plugins since COVID :crazy:

• Hilarious
Reactions: Ryan Everson
One of those data plugins you don't hear much about anymore is still firing in thousands of dealership websites. Someone with access shared with me that well over 80% of dealer websites have used more than 3 different digital retailing plugins since COVID :crazy:
Yeah, I see this far too often!

Here's how it happens:

1) Dealership marketing manager chooses their preferred digital retailing tool (Gubagoo).

2) OEM rep forces dealership to install their preferred digital retailing tool (Shop Click Drive).

3) Lender rep coerces used car manager to install their "free" digital retailing tool (Capital One).

When will dealers stop confusing customers with 3 different digital retailing tools, experiences, and payments?

1623344185569.jpg

@Brad Burlingham

You mentioned you were going live with the Tekion DMS/CRM back in June.

Just wondering how it's going and if you have any pros & cons you can share.
I'm in charge of marketing, so i'm not using the DMS personally, but our GM says its been pretty good so far considering. There are a few cool features she really appreciates, but also some setbacks, but overall its been good. But we are only selling 40 cars a month with no existing database and low service RO's so not a great stress test. We are also using their CRM which is still in beta and boy does it show. Its been a very frustrating experience, but we also knew what we were getting into with an early beta crm. The crm is nowhere close to being ready to compete with anyone else, but they are a smaller company and i would expect improvements to come fast. they have been updating it a few times a month.

Reactions: Jim K and Zhendrix