• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Tik Tok, what's your plan?

Funny you brought that up, I just installed over the weekend and appointed my 12 year old daughter as the VP of Tik-Tok Training to help me out.

I have no idea yet, it seems like the new vine..? I think gifs and video would be the best content and then share that out to your network..?
Snapchat would be in the same realm for me, not sure what to do with it yet either.

I'm in on the Tik Tok hype. I'm just not too sure what "good" looks like right now for digital advertising for dealerships. I've seen some really great steps forward from Tik Tok for digital retail like allowing you to link in bios, as well as the ability to direct a click from their videos to a landing page. Will be interesting to see what the next step forward for them is.

Also RE: Vine, they fell away because of a lack of funding. Tik Tok fortunately (unfortunately?) is owned by a Chinese company called ByteDance with copious amounts of cash. They should be around for a while, and have a shown a willingness to make changes and adapt. We're trying new things with Tik Tok video and would love to share plans offline with anyone interested.

Reactions: mikesayre
I'm in on the Tik Tok hype. I'm just not too sure what "good" looks like right now for digital advertising for dealerships. I've seen some really great steps forward from Tik Tok for digital retail like allowing you to link in bios, as well as the ability to direct a click from their videos to a landing page. Will be interesting to see what the next step forward for them is.

Also RE: Vine, they fell away because of a lack of funding. Tik Tok fortunately (unfortunately?) is owned by a Chinese company called ByteDance with copious amounts of cash. They should be around for a while, and have a shown a willingness to make changes and adapt. We're trying new things with Tik Tok video and would love to share plans offline with anyone interested.

Definitely interested to see how this goes for you guys! Keep us updated :)

Like others have said, IG was laughed at, before it grew up. Before that, Facebook was *only* for those with a .edu email address. Now, what's the age group of those platforms?

Thanks for the reminder to finally set up the account, posted our first Tik Tok this morning, as we're cleaning snow off cars, preparing for a *it better be* busy Black Friday of sales!