• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

scianciolo

Green Pea
Oct 22, 2019
Awards
First Name
Steven
Hello,

We have been receiving calls from customers stating that they received a call from "Julia" offering Toyota service specials. This person calling our customers is asking for the customers email so that they can email them Toyota Service Offers. I don't believe this is a feature of any of the programs we have (checking with vendors now) and it does sound very spamy. I am wondering if anyone has come across anything similar? We also have Buick/GMC/Cadillac but only our Toyota customers (that I am aware of) have been receiving phone calls.

Thanks for any help!
Steven

Steve,
Not sure exactly on this - but here is maybe the root cause. Toyota has a program that deploys Service and Parts pages on your website and will include service specials page. Here some info about it.

---------

Toyota has done a nice job as an OEM in providing Service/Parts foundational content for their dealers. All the pages are loaded with duplicated content, but all in all it is better than nothing.

Here is an example link of the Service Center Page
https://www.schaumburgtoyota.com/service/

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 12.04.23 PM.png

All pages look exactly the same - the sub-pages like Brakes, Batteries, Oil Change and Service Specials are the same as well. You can find all the examples of Toyota dealers that are using these

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 12.05.36 PM.png

pages by a simple COPY AND PASTE with a few content sentences and all the stores will appear.

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 12.07.12 PM.png

On your Toyota "review" they will look at where you rank for like 4-5 Service keywords, using "near me" inside those. The above pages will help you rank well on your review, but not a ton of other places with such duplicated content.

If you have any other questions or need more explanation - I would be happy to help out.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner