• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

TrueCar, just me?

Thanks, I was hoping it wasn’t just us. TC used to be a double digit close rate, USAA leading the pack, but most are now churn. The problem is that we do get 9-12 deals a month that just have their name on it, it’s tough to turn that down, but they could do SO much better and not piss off the folks using them.

Leave to @john.quinn to mess things up.

@BillH I'll promote your question across some of our other channels and see if we can't get some more feedback. I dropped TC a few years back. We still receive a few USAA leads that we do okay with considering the low volume.

Got a great reply with hard numbers from Jon Berna. Thanks !

Whatever ideas written in these forums are valuable. I think we should focus more on how the rep of TC being accountable for everything.
My last TrueCar rep was a long time finance manager and very successful at it. TrueCar was her semi retirement program. She was very sharp and was willing to push back with TrueCar management. The reps are basically powerless to make any big changes. It’s too big of a ship.

Truecar leads have never been the best, EXCEPT for their partnerships like Geico and USAA. The regular site leads, they try to claim those are the lowest funnel customers but those people are generally using the Truecar site as a beginning of their purchase process, not their end. I recommend taking your Truecar list and seeing how many of those customers have also sent their information to you from other sources. Then, check the remining and see the distances you are getting and adjust your mile radius accordingly. Also, if most of your Truecar leads are local people, are these people you would get anyways, without paying the premium for them? And finally, can you justify the ROI? Is the money you are spending being covered by the # of deals and the gross involved? Great, you sold 5 cars, but you lost an average of $700 on each of them, so is that a sustainable model for your store?

According to Automotive News, TrueCar is looking to use its digital retailing solution as a hook to be acquired. And yes, I bumped this specific thread for this news... you can read between the lines on why I did that :thinker:

According to Automotive News, TrueCar is looking to use its digital retailing solution as a hook to be acquired. And yes, I bumped this specific thread for this news... you can read between the lines on why I did that :thinker:
Who do you think would be the most likely suitor?

Maybe a large public dealer group to play catchup to Lithia / Driveway? Plus they'd gain all of the member purchase relationships with banks, insurance companies, etc.

• :light:
Reactions: Alex Snyder