• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

TrueCar using Zag Dealer Data to Create Value???

Jeff...Nice balancing video left to stand or fall on it's own!

"The discussion at the dealer experience becomes about the product and the dealer's value added proposition 'what we can do for you' not about the deal your going to get today I think we're seeing more and more dealers adapting that type of selling cars."

Welcome to the Age of the Internet. (anyone have an extra ticket for my dealer?)
But don't forget you get what you pay for!

I've found the happiest customers are the ones that feel they got a good deal (we still make a good profit), feel respected/appreciated, and feel the dealer is a dependable/trustworthy place to return. (most employees know these people by name, smile, chat and give a helping hand)
Contrarily, the dissatisfied customers seem to be the "I just want the car at the bottom dollar then we'll talk" people, who also never buy products or return for service. (They seem the get the involuntary shrift or just fade away).....does anyone else see this too?

TrueCar Price, Internet Department Quote, or the numbers on the floor-It's still the sales team and dealership selling the car.

If TrueCar would do the work of collating information available throughout the web into one useful tool, I don't think they would have as much push back from the community they say they are serving. However, insider information-agreed upon or not-doesn't feel right. With the limited (fairly well connected) community they are using to obtain information, TrueCar would do well to reevaluate their stance before losing the base of their business.

TOYOTA DEALERS:

John doe wants to buy a Camry. He goes to truecar. This is what he see’s.
Notice the last paragraph.…

While the last major redesign of the Camry was in 2007, many industry experts have noted the Camry's bland 2012 restyle.
"I thought the redesign will definitely please the loyal Camry buyer," said Jesse Toprak, Vice President of Industry Trends and Insights at TrueCar.com "But it will probably fall short in conquesting large numbers of new buyers who haven't owned a Camry before."
The Toyota Camry competes with the Honda Accord, Nissan Altima, Ford Fusion, Chevrolet Malibu and the Hyundai Sonata, which is priced much lower than the Camry, while offering more horsepower, equal fuel economy and bolder styling.

Are you okay with our advertising dollars being spent for “Branding” that says that?

Here’s the link (very bottom of page)
http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/toyota/camry-pricing/2012/DA5DEF32/