• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Watch fanatics? Rolex, Omega, Tudor, Casio (the God Watch)

I was planning on getting a Rolex for my 40th bday (past May). Didn't realize how insane that game is now. Never mind the inventory shortage in the auto biz, Rolex AD's literally have empty shelves. Most Rolex are going for 2x / 3x the retail price in the grey market.

Long story short. You cannot buy a Rolex where I live at the dealer.

After tonnes of research and debate, I landed on the Omega Speedmaster Professional (Moonwatch). Really happy with this watch. I was afraid I'd hate the process of manually winding the watch but I've come to love the routine every couple of days.

311.30.42.30.01.005_1575391972.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex Snyder
I was planning on getting a Rolex for my 40th bday (past May). Didn't realize how insane that game is now. Never mind the inventory shortage in the auto biz, Rolex AD's literally have empty shelves. Most Rolex are going for 2x / 3x the retail price in the grey market.

Long story short. You cannot buy a Rolex where I live at the dealer.

After tonnes of research and debate, I landed on the Omega Speedmaster Professional (Moonwatch). Really happy with this watch. I was afraid I'd hate the process of manually winding the watch but I've come to love the routine every couple of days.

Oh yeah, the Rolex scene is crazy. I was lucky to get “the call” on a steel/grey Yachtmaster earlier this year. Always keep my name on multiple lists for whatever. Worst case, I can pass. Best case, it is a steel Daytona which is what I’m really trying to get.

LOVE the speedy! That is the most important watch in modern history. Did you get the sapphire or hessalite?

Oh yeah, the Rolex scene is crazy. I was lucky to get “the call” on a steel/grey Yachtmaster earlier this year. Always keep my name on multiple lists for whatever. Worst case, I can pass. Best case, it is a steel Daytona which is what I’m really trying to get.

LOVE the speedy! That is the most important watch in modern history. Did you get the sapphire or hessalite?
Hessalite. Not savvy enough to explain why I chose that vs sapphire. A few watch nerds told me to go this route. If I end up scratching it up, I think the replacements are $100.

Got one of the last 311.30.42.30.01.005 for a couple of grand less than the one released this year.

Hessalite. Not savvy enough to explain why I chose that vs sapphire. A few watch nerds told me to go this route. If I end up scratching it up, I think the replacements are $100.

Got one of the last 311.30.42.30.01.005 for a couple of grand less than the one released this year.

Hessalite is the true moon watch. It is the material of the Apollo astronauts’ Speedmasters, so you’re more authentic. Good testament to America you Canuck :poke::D

The sapphire is new to speedy’s and costs a bit more. Like 4 digits more. It is clearer and sits shorter on the wrist. I got to look at both side by side and the only advantage I saw was the shorter stance. If I were buying the traditional speedy pro I’d get the hessalite too. Nice pickup (y)