• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What Cool Tech Gift did you get for the Holiday?

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
Alright, you know you want to share what cool new shiny gadget(s) you received for the holidays!!

Perhaps received a new iPhone or Droid phone?

Maybe you got a new new Mac or PC? (I'm holding out for the iSlate) :)

Anyone get a new eBook reader like a Kindle or Nook?

How about a Netbook..which one did you get?

We have several gamers in here...did anyone get a new gaming console or a new game you've been wanting?

SHARE!! We all want to know. Upload a photo if you like (try to keep the size to a minimum if you can)

What did you get??

-----------

I'll get this started, but unfortunately I was not blessed with a wife that's so great at gift giving, so I usually take it upon myself to buy a gift or 2. :)

I treated myself to the new BlackBerry Bold 9700!! Loving it so far (actually got it a few weeks ago)

blackberry-bold-9700-400.jpg

OK..I know this doesn't make the "Gadget" list...and actually I bought it for the boy I believe I have adopted it for myself.

nerf_gun_nstrike.jpg

That's it for me...maybe you'll post and I can live vicariously through some of you this Holiday season. :)

I got a cool digital picture frame that can automatically pull pictures off my Facebook account or other websites via wireless. It is pretty awesome!

Check it out:
Amazon.com: Toshiba DMF82XKU 8-Inch Wireless Digital Media Frame (Black): Camera & Photo

Cool gift Matt, they have really come down in price. They were running close to $400 - $500 a few years back.

Careful Jeff, you'll shoot your eye out!

No, but my son did get a clean shot of my nose in earlier. Talk about making your eye water. :rofl:

I received the Kindle reader, and when I first opened it I was like Okay, not impressed. After 2 days I think its the greatest invention ever. I have my morning paper, my magazines, and blogs sent automatically, plus books. It surfs the web, and I can clip articles and make notes...Its a serious tool for gathering data and you can read faster because there's no page turning. Oh and the papers have no advertising which is great! I put it up there with the iPod. You got to have it!

Once you become the Dad the gifts get a little less exciting.......although I'm a big fan of the sox my 8 year old daughter buys me!:)

My kids were the recpients of some cool tech gifts though, netbooks at 8 and 10? yup, they're tech... and my son has been on his new xbox 360 nonstop.