• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What Defines A Successful Automotive Social Media Strategy

He is "Old" Uncle Joe......maybe he's lost his creativity and has fell behind on technology:dunno:

If funky stuff starts happening to your computer or web pages, I'd bet Uncle Joe had something to do with it for making that statement. Uncle Joe was Al Gores right hand man when he invented the Internet.

Maybe Joe is getting old, but he's still got game!

We recently posted a free Social Media report in our data library that outlines Social Media usage among auto shoppers who access dealerships sites from a social media sites....less than 1% by the way. Usage data was pulled from activity of 1.5 million auto shoppers we tracked. If interested we have more data by make, model, market, etc. As well as usage of Social Media among active auto shoppers whether or not they linked to an dealership website. Here's the link to the report. Let me know if its helpful.

Data Library ~ Sign Up to receive our Free Monthly Report and Dashboard Releases Subscribe to for weekly updates and automated delivery to your email inbox Customize to meet your specific reporting needs.

If funky stuff starts happening to your computer or web pages, I'd bet Uncle Joe had something to do with it for making that statement. Uncle Joe was Al Gores right hand man when he invented the Internet.

Maybe Joe is getting old, but he's still got game!

Let me go on record here as saying I have learned tons from Uncle Joe in practical working Automotive Internet practice following what he's been willing to share for the last couple years. We have spoken on phone and email for a while and lots of things have been implemented in our Digital Process through conversations with Joe. We finally met this past Digital Dealer and I am happy to call Joe a friend and mentor.

I hope anybody who knows either of didn't mistake my comments as serious, it's hard to come off as just a sarcastic New Englander in print. :)

Joe
That is why I am asking the question. How do you measure if the investment is working? Is there a checklist of best practices that would measure a successful Social Media strategy?

With eLeads on inbound calls, Dealer's can scrape the DMS for contact to sale or R.O. written...."virtually" correct R.O.I. info-- with branding it would seem that only a general increase in leads form all sources gives any kind of measurement... I have little to no real knowledge of SM--- can you effectively measure the lead sources driven by the Social Marketing?