• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What do you think of this?

If 50% of all car shoppers are in market 12 weeks or more and they visit >20 auto sites prior to purchace AND car shoppers spend >70% of all auto shopping time on the internet, how does this tool bring value when the shopper?

The shopper experience i get is "I cheated them, gave them fake info and I got to see the special price". And, the shopper may colclude: "can't i just enter my info once and see the all the special prices? Doing it one at a time makes shopping and comparing cars more difficult". And... "If the price is so special, then why do all cars have this offer?"

Sorry, Lead gen for the sake of lead gen is my pet peeve this week ;-)

Joe, that really is not what is happening with the GM frame of mind when getting these leads. You are concluding that every lead is a real lead from any other lead source. We all know that plenty of people submit fake info, email, phone numbers from all lead sources. This is no different. I appreciate your honestly though.

For dealers who what to multiply their leads by almost 3x, then this tool works. Both the consumer and the dealer wins.

I like the concept. At our stores, we are posted-price dealers, so we offer our lowest pricing up front and post it on every car anyway. We run into problems online though, where our pricing is lower that MAP. This seems like a solution that would still allow us to post our low pricing without getting strikes, while the customer gets the info they were looking for. Win-Win.

Reactions: 1 person
We added one of these Instant Price/Lease Quote tools to our website along with a "daily deals" automated email updated. We currently use AutoMark Solutions. Yes, some of the buttons are cheesy, the text back to customer isn't as polished as I like but the tolls has increased our lead count AND conversions. We have had many-a-customer tell us that they walked into the store (did not fill out lead form) based on the special deals posted on the site. These are incremental deals from customers in another dealers PMA.

In a perfect world we would be able to build this out further or completely integrate similar technology into our website? (calling Uncle Joe)

I encourage you all to take a look at it on my site. Please for the sake of my sanity, if you fill out a lead form please make reference to Dealer Refresh in your name (ie: FRIST NAME:JeffKershner LAST NAME: DealerRefresh).....FYI, you need a valid email to get the goods!

This issue is a non-issue and thanks for bringing it up. I appreciate your comments.

Hello Tony,

Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think you can claim this is a non-issue when it's your product.
It's an issue. If you don't require a valid email, they can toss any old fake email in there and still get the same result.
It's a genuine hole in the system.

This issue is a non-issue and thanks for bringing it up. I appreciate your comments.

Jerry,

The dealers have not complained about bad leads, so I see no reason in doing major research to answer this question.
There is a hint of disdain for the questions, if not the questioners, Tony. These are legitimate questions.

This is all-the-more surprising since one of the questions comes from the "Senior Director of Product Performance & Innovation" at one of the dealer website companies whose logo is displayed so prominently on the InstantPricer website.