• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What do you think of this?

The Instant Pricer was developed with both the consumer and the dealer in mind.

1. The consumer wants a price immediately.
2. A dealer wants a lead/conversion.

As we all know, opened emails on the consumer-end are extraordinarily low. Without offending those who do answer leads well in email responses, it is my experience after completing hundreds if not thousands of secret shops over the years, dealers do not have the proper personnel to answer leads effectively. With that in mind, however, we know that email does not sell the vehicle; it is the phone call that sells.

This product allows the consumer to get instant gratification live on the website. They do not have to wait to get an email that may never get to them, may take several hours, or does not answer their question, “What is your best price?”

The kicker is, in every store we have installed the Instant Pricer the leads have more than doubled. What this is telling us is that we are giving the customer what they want.

We do not expect everyone to be a fan of this product. For high volume dealers like Lakeland Automall, Brandon Honda, and Lipton Toyota, the product has yielded huge success. In addition, small to mid-size dealers see the same type of positive results.

I would be happy to answer any specific questions about this product.

Jerry. Thank you for putting this on Dealer Refresh. It was a pleasant surprise to find this post.

I came across this get an instant price option on a dealer website and decided to check it out. Was not sure what I would get. Was surprised to see a price pop up. I wonder what percentage of people are putting in a real phone number and how successful are salespeople at picking up the phone and converting these opportunities to sales.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Jerry,

You added a fake name, fake email and fake phone number to get a price.

Result: GM sees lead volume rise and declares a victory?

If 50% of all car shoppers are in market 12 weeks or more and they visit >20 auto sites prior to purchace AND car shoppers spend >70% of all auto shopping time on the internet, how does this tool bring value when the shopper?

The shopper experience i get is "I cheated them, gave them fake info and I got to see the special price". And, the shopper may colclude: "can't i just enter my info once and see the all the special prices? Doing it one at a time makes shopping and comparing cars more difficult". And... "If the price is so special, then why do all cars have this offer?"

Sorry, Lead gen for the sake of lead gen is my pet peeve this week ;-)

Reactions: 2 people
Sorry, Lead gen for the sake of lead gen is my pet peeve this week ;-)

Agreed. The discussion touched on a few things you mentioned (ie: showing them all after entering contact info once).
I think this is why the email-based bartering system might make more sense - if you don't provide a valid email you'll never get a valid response to know if your offer was accepted. If they respond to that offer, send them to the sales leads. If the offer was accepted, send a copy to the sales leads.