• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What in the Heck is Going On With my Dealer.com sites in Google SRP's?????

Another example of another dealers Mobile website page that was cached via Google for the desktop with the wrong Meta data for one of our stores!! My gut is still telling me that the core of this issue / problem is buried somewhere in the mobile platform for their sites. Maybe it's this particular DDC template but, clearly Google is caching mobile and desktop together and blending this crap. Also to note, this was cached 4 days ago.

upload_2018-8-28_10-45-11.png

upload_2018-8-28_10-45-51.png
upload_2018-8-28_10-46-47.png

Same website page via desktop when navigating directly to it.

upload_2018-8-28_10-49-20.png

Last edited:
What truly cracks me up, the DDC people are asking us to make suggestions (IOW, they have no idea how to fix the problem). FFS bro, it's your frickin' product! Kinda' laughable if you were to ask me.

giphy.gif

I'd dump it quickly if I were a dealer and jump to either DI, DealerOn or Dealer Fire.

Last edited:
Hummm.... This just popped up in my news feed on FB. Clearly the Advertising Dept. hasn't been in touch with the SEO Dept. this year and they are severely clearly cutting the SEO Dept. short. So, I made some edits on the ad!! If anyone would like to pass this along to the Advertising Department at DDC, please be my guest!!

ddc-seoFBad.jpg

Dealer.com SEO has always been a joke. There is nothing they do that can remotely influence anything. If they really cared about search results, they would fix their used car indexing to better enable search. Pull up a used car on a few sites that are not Dealer.com, then compare it to a dealer.com listing. Look at the differences in the web address.

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
Dealer.com SEO has always been a joke. There is nothing they do that can remotely influence anything. If they really cared about search results, they would fix their used car indexing to better enable search. Pull up a used car on a few sites that are not Dealer.com, then compare it to a dealer.com listing. Look at the differences in the web address.

It's also impossible to do your best SEO work for more than one dealer, with the same make, in the same DMA. All that does is drive up the PPC costs for shared terms.

I believe a major problem is hands off dealer owners who delegate their business operations to GMs, GSMs, ISMs, eCommerce Directors, or others and these people are not "in the weeds" business builders. They rely on companies like DealerTrack/DDC, most whom never sold a car, let alone online, to do all the work for them.

They generate mediocre (relative to what could be achieved) sales results and everyone is happy.

One question dealers need to be asking vendors is "How are you going to help me dominate, not just compete, in my DMA?"

Don't look to enterprise vendors to drive innovation, all you can ask them is "please don't suck"
-Geoffrey Moore
Author, Crossing the Chasm

• Useful
It's also impossible to do your best SEO work for more than one dealer, with the same make, in the same DMA. All that does is drive up the PPC costs for shared terms.

I believe a major problem is hands off dealer owners who delegate their business operations to GMs, GSMs, ISMs, eCommerce Directors, or others and these people are not "in the weeds" business builders. They rely on companies like DealerTrack/DDC, most whom never sold a car, let alone online, to do all the work for them.

They generate mediocre (relative to what could be achieved) sales results and everyone is happy.

One question dealers need to be asking vendors is "How are you going to help me dominate, not just compete, in my DMA?"

Don't look to enterprise vendors to drive innovation, all you can ask them is "please don't suck"
-Geoffrey Moore
Author, Crossing the Chasm
That's an excellent point and that has been brought up about DDC and CDKs digital marketing wares. If they are supporting dealerships in the same demographic or nearby how are they conquesting anything (they aren't), what competitive advantages are being executed? Could be said of SEO, SEM / PPC, Brand Management, etc. It's kind of a big fat f*cking joke, if you ask me.

We only do PPC for the co-op. I want to invest into doing adwords express through GMB but already don't have the bandwidth to handle whats on my plate. SEO is time-consuming and with 7 websites to manage that's essentially where my time goes. Could our PPC be more effective? Maybe...but honestly, I don't totally know that to be true. We're in a small state(s). DDC provides us with a service I don't have time to manage alone, and the CTR is higher than national averages and the CPC lower. My rep is always available and they are great people who treat me well.

If you want stellar PPC and SEO management, you may be better off going with a non-auto industry-specific company? Then again...who knows.