• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

what is the best wordpress plugin?

It is "a platform" with all the plug-ins built in, including (most) which cannot be bought on codecanyon or etc. as they are proprietary. And does not rely on Google Analytics which is a COMPLETE waste as it is completely insufficient as an analytics platform for any serious data segmentation/storage, or for that matter anyone who wants to "dive in" and do more with targeting and site personalization. As for the "for the record I disagree" statement; no worries, your "wordpress" question piqued my interest that's all

It is "a platform" with all the plug-ins built in, including (most) which cannot be bought on codecanyon or etc. as they are proprietary. And does not rely on Google Analytics which is a COMPLETE waste as it is completely insufficient as an analytics platform for any serious data segmentation/storage, or for that matter anyone who wants to "dive in" and do more with targeting and site personalization. As for the "for the record I disagree" statement; no worries, your "wordpress" question piqued my interest that's all

Can you post two links out of your 800 dealers please.
I like to see your sites please.

Reactions: 2 people
Nonsense. It may not cover 100% of what needs to be reported but it is certainly not a COMPLETE waste.
It works, it's function and it can be tweaked to work even better.

It is a waste because what Google Analytics shows you is often not real:
The web's traffic is over 60% Bots
Many Bots often come from foreign countries which would be easily detected by any analytics system HOWEVER, when bots come from a foreign country and run through a proxy or anonymizer Google Analytics shows you the source of the last "pop". So, by not showing you where the traffic originated from, GA is doing you a HUGE disservice because you believe the traffic is local when in fact it is coming from a foreign country.
Here are a few other reasons:
  • No IP data (How anyone can live with out this is beyond me)
  • No Cookie IDs (Although many people have "3rd parties" capturing all their data including cookie ID/IP and don't know about it)
  • No path through site after 3 pages deep
  • No Siloing option
  • No device fingerprinting
I can name 50 more things that make GA a HURT rather then a help but that was not the focus of your original post.
Tweaks or no tweaks GA is not sufficient for anyone who wants to really know about their traffic.

Hello Manny,

Sure:
WorldAutoCertified.Com a simple site used to aggregate VW USA inventory.
DeeterMazda.Com
TarrytownHonda.Com
ww2.winnerfordofdover.com (A subdomain version)

If you like you can PM me and I can send you 3-4 variations per brand including a new version which has some "pop" but still remains clean.

I am a huge fan of Wordpress and Google Analytics and use them daily. I'm not sure how the backend would work for the dealer on a Wordpress site, though. That part just doesn't seem as intuitive unless you guys have created a custom backend. Navigating plugins, posts, pages, and whatnot could be confusing for most dealers.

I will give you one thing though, you definitely win the award for the most 's on any page I've ever seen. :cool:

Reactions: 1 person
Google Analytics is a tool and, like any other tool, you have to know how to use it.
You can setup any sort of filtering and goals that you want. Not only can you set things up on the Google side, but you can also set them up on your own site. You can filter out when the code shows up, what is tracked, avoiding refresh tracking and many other things.

The only people I've met that didn't use Google Analytics were people who used their own reporting to fake numbers.
I am in no way suggesting that is what is happening here, but not having Google Analytics makes no sense to me at all. I want more data and would never turn away access to more data. Even if it wasn't entirely accurate, I would use Tableau to correlate it and determine how to improve upon that.

Reactions: 2 people