• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

what is the best wordpress plugin?

@RD Patrick
We have created a custom backend. The Wordpress aspect of the platform has been simplified. We created elements as post type widgets. No PHP required. No coding required. However, if your an agency and you wanted your own theming or anything for that matter all you would need to know would be CSS/Html.
As a dealer, it is plug-n-play widgets. Your welcome to have a peek if you'd like.

As for the award for the most SMH's... it's silly. How can people who don't have all the facts shake their head? Have they looked at the platform? I open to a comparison to any CMS by Dealer.Com, Cobalt or DealerTrack.

Worse yet for the SMH crew...Google Analytics.. How much do people know about analytics and how they work? I am NOT talking about the ability to use GA, I am talking about why would anyone who knows analytics use GA? I suggest that people do their research before "Shaking their heads". No big retailer, no enterprise business uses GA, OR if they do, they use it in combination with other platforms

@CraigH

The only people I've met that didn't use Google Analytics were people who used their own reporting to fake numbers.

This is naive..

As for goals, how do they matter if they are skewed and often not generated by real traffic? Read the article about bots in the Automotive News this month where we were interviewed this may start to change your perspective.

Tableau..is a visualization platform. Completely different. You can be devoted to GA, I am simply saying that you shouldn't be. Look at the points I raised, understand the implications of them and open your mind. Your perspective will change.
We used to use GA extensively and even built a pretty kick ass custom dash around it, then we saw discrepancies that opened up Pandora's box-

I was just thinking that... I'm scratching that number after 14 years in business. Maybe I just not that sharp then.

@Yago

We've been in business since 2003 and have 3 OEMs as clients. The VW piece alone has our platform in use by 644 dealers,(knowingly or not) If we were to count the agencies who white label or dealerships who use some component of our platform, whether it be our dynamic retargeting platform, analytics stack or DSP services the # would go well north of whats quoted. If you'd like Yago, I am open to giving you a look behind the curtain-

@RD Patrick
We have created a custom backend. The Wordpress aspect of the platform has been simplified. We created elements as post type widgets. No PHP required. No coding required. However, if your an agency and you wanted your own theming or anything for that matter all you would need to know would be CSS/Html.
As a dealer, it is plug-n-play widgets. Your welcome to have a peek if you'd like.

As for the award for the most SMH's... it's silly. How can people who don't have all the facts shake their head? Have they looked at the platform? I open to a comparison to any CMS by Dealer.Com, Cobalt or DealerTrack.

Worse yet for the SMH crew...Google Analytics.. How much do people know about analytics and how they work? I am NOT talking about the ability to use GA, I am talking about why would anyone who knows analytics use GA? I suggest that people do their research before "Shaking their heads". No big retailer, no enterprise business uses GA, OR if they do, they use it in combination with other platforms

Brother, what in God's name are you talking about? I was just making a joke about the amount of "sm" trademark symbols on your website. It just seemed funny to me.

After reading some of your replies, I am beginning to shake my head though. Just relax, my friend.

Reactions: 1 person
Jeffrey,

You seem angry and uptight.

As for goals, how do they matter if they are skewed and often not generated by real traffic? Read the article about bots in the Automotive News this month where we were interviewed this may start to change your perspective.

First off, you continue to tell me GA doesn't work and I continue to tell you that's user error.
Secondly, if I don't believe you here I won't believe you over there where they interviewed you.

Tableau..is a visualization platform. Completely different. You can be devoted to GA, I am simply saying that you shouldn't be. Look at the points I raised, understand the implications of them and open your mind. Your perspective will change.
We used to use GA extensively and even built a pretty kick ass custom dash around it, then we saw discrepancies that opened up Pandora's box-

Of course it's a visualization platform - I use it to visually correlate my various reporting applications to ensure accuracy.
My perspective will not change - I have been doing this long enough that I know my way around Google Analytics, Chartbeat, my custom Piwik build, my PHP tracker package and the reporting package that brings it all together.

The VW piece alone has our platform in use by 644 dealers,(knowingly or not)

So to be clear.. these dealerships do not have a DealerX website, they just have a component of it on their website?

No big retailer, no enterprise business uses GA, OR if they do, they use it in combination with other platforms

... this is exactly what I just said earlier. They still use it. Not using it is nonsense.
It may only be little naive companies like Wal-Mart, VISA and Twitter but there are definitely companies using Google Analytics.

To be completely honest with you, I feel like you built this whole platform and could have integrated Google Analytics properly but you don't really understand how it can work for you. You pasted the code in the footer of every page and then it tracked too much garbage. You didn't wrap it in any if statements to filter out any traffic* and you expected it to magically create the reports that you, Jeffrey, wanted out of the box.

^ See, I can make assumptions about people too :)

* I make this assumption because you don't use IF statements on your meta tags either.
<meta name="geography" content="{setup_dealer_region}" />

Far from angry and uptight. You can't help someone who knows everything, after all, my skills only go as far as "pasting code" in a footer. Wait, it's supposed to be in a footer not a tag manager? Damn it, I learned something new again... Thank God for people like you making it easier for people like us . Just an FYI, none of those companies use GA as a stand alone, they connect to the API and pull specific items. But, Im not here to "tell" anyone anything as ultimately none of this conversation matters much. Keep doing what your doing, and I wish you well

But, Im not here to "tell" anyone anything as ultimately none of this conversation matters much. Keep doing what your doing, and I wish you well

The only reason I even replied was because you did "tell" everyone you're the best.

The best Automotive Wordpress Platform for Automotive is ours, bar none. DealerX.Com