• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Which CRM are you using?

We use a combo here of Dealerups.com and WebControl. The WebControl is required by our franchise Mitsubishi. Not too sure I like dealerups.com seems a little generic. Does anyone else use Dealerups that might have some helpful insight and suggestions to getting the most out of it?

I demo'd Dealerups about 2 1/2 years ago...so it's been awhile but the sales rep couldn't answer any logical question I had. They had a unique approach to their desking tool though (at the time, could have changed by now). You worked your numbers on what looked like the actual worksheet you would present to the customer. As you made a change to fields like down payment, trade, rates and such it would dynamically change the worksheet. At least that's what I remember. It was the only thing that slighly impressed me during the demo. The ILM features seemed to have really lacked at the time.

Well either way...JM Solutions bought it and I hear they are "getting out of the software business" hence their sale of AAX to DealerTrack. I'd be surprised if there will be much continued support for DealerUps. BUT..don't just take my word for it..I could be totally wrong!! :thinker:

Brad,

We have a Mitsubishi dealership as well and I am familiar with the "forcing" of dealers to pay a modest monthly fee for AVV Web Control. From what I can remember, it was an adequate ILM that could also be used as a watered down CRM system. If you are looking to control expenses, maybe you and your team could dive deeper into the functions of Web Control and drop dealerups all together.

Wasn't dealerups purchased by JM Solutions then sold off just recently?

I'd rather have Webcontrol than the junk systems Hyundai and VW force down your throat. At least those two acknowledge dealerships have other CRM systems and only hold you accountable for making the first response out of their systems.

The Hyundai system used to crash our computers when you had it open along with ADP CRM. I always figured they were written in two forms of the same language and caused conflictions because one always crashed with the Windows Error message to alert Microsoft of the problem. It could have also been some sort of security our IT department had on our machines too. Whatever it was, it was very annoying.

I have a feeling we're all going to be saying some fairly rotten things on this forum about the way certain manufacturers approach eCommerce with dealerships. That topic certainly deserves its own thread.

We use a combo here of Dealerups.com and WebControl. The WebControl is required by our franchise Mitsubishi. Not too sure I like dealerups.com seems a little generic. Does anyone else use Dealerups that might have some helpful insight and suggestions to getting the most out of it?

How has the sale of DealerUps by JM to this other company affected everything?

Brad,

From what I can remember, it was an adequate ILM that could also be used as a watered down CRM system. If you are looking to control expenses, maybe you and your team could dive deeper into the functions of Web Control and drop dealerups all together.

AVV has been around for a long time and I still recommend it as an affordable ILM for dealers. You are right Andrew, the "CRM" portion (don't they call it Showroom Control?) is a little watered down, but heck...even in it's watered down state I would have to give it better props than several of the full fledged so called CRM's. At least you get your email leads within a few minutes unlike the CRM I'm dealing with right now. Nothing like having an average of 2 HOURS before your leads hit your CRM inbox. :banghead: