• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Which CRM are you using?

I was highly impressed with iMagic's efforts to improve their product aggressively and quickly with this fast-moving market. eLead works, but is missing a lot of features that we found very useful with iMagic. Some things are just as simple as text alerts for new leads (we can only get one text alert with eLead, only when a new lead arrives, and notifying more than one person is a major affair or is unavailable), while iMagic had multiple options for text alerts, or things as simple as having an easy to setup signature field for each account holder. At the end of the day, it was a money decision..

It isn't 100%. The GUI is awesome, the flow is great, but we only have three significant issues with it currently:

1. There is no easy way to do a $0 down lease
  2. Cannot work multiple balloon payments
  3. It is extremely CPU/RAM intensive and our salesmanagers' machines are struggling with it

Other than those three things, it rocks! And they're working on those items. When we first launched, the list was much....much longer.

Another question for you Alex, does iMagicLab's desking module support pushing the deal to the DMS, DealerTrack and RouteOne?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Another question for you Alex, does iMagicLab's desking module support pushing the deal to the DMS, DealerTrack and RouteOne?

Thanks!

I can't speak for RouteOne because we don't use it, but iMagicLab pushes to the DMS and customer information to DealerTrack. The DealerTrack push is currently in Beta status. The one thing it is missing from that is pushing vehicle and deal info, but it is on their agenda. The pushing of customer info is now flawless, so I don't see where it will be difficult to push deal data.

I nor iMagicLab view the pushing of deal data to DealerTrack as a major priority over some other things. It really isn't a big deal for someone to hand-key the deal info into DealerTrack - in fact, I'm finding our sales managers and F&I Managers prefer to hand-key it anyway. They're adjusting things so much (these days :rolleyes: ) to get an approval, that having to type in DealerTrack is part of the job.

I like the idea of sales managers and F&I managers having to slow down when desking deals or trying to get approvals. We're not selling as many cars as we used to, so speed is not as critical. I'm seeing more care and attention being put into deals when they're forced to slow down, and that is helping us to hold or find creative ways to earn more gross :cool: ....the glass is half full ;)

I can't speak for RouteOne because we don't use it, but iMagicLab pushes to the DMS and customer information to DealerTrack. The DealerTrack push is currently in Beta status. The one thing it is missing from that is pushing vehicle and deal info, but it is on their agenda. The pushing of customer info is now flawless, so I don't see where it will be difficult to push deal data.

I nor iMagicLab view the pushing of deal data to DealerTrack as a major priority over some other things. It really isn't a big deal for someone to hand-key the deal info into DealerTrack - in fact, I'm finding our sales managers and F&I Managers prefer to hand-key it anyway. They're adjusting things so much (these days :rolleyes: ) to get an approval, that having to type in DealerTrack is part of the job.

I like the idea of sales managers and F&I managers having to slow down when desking deals or trying to get approvals. We're not selling as many cars as we used to, so speed is not as critical. I'm seeing more care and attention being put into deals when they're forced to slow down, and that is helping us to hold or find creative ways to earn more gross :cool: ....the glass is half full ;)

Thanks Alex, I was just curious for comparison sakes to what we do. Thanks for assisting me in my research :)

Thanks Alex, I was just curious for comparison sakes to what we do. Thanks for assisting me in my research :)

Matt, if I hear that VINSolutions is running around saying iMagicLab doesn't do this or that because Alex Snyder said so, without you pointing a customer to exactly what I posted, I will be extremely upset.

Just a friendly FYI for the future ;)

No problem Alex, I would not want to put you in that situation.

:cool: I appreciate that. I figured I'd get that one out there early. We didn't start these forums to help vendors get a leg-up on their competition. We started these forums to help dealers figure out how to better use all these technologies.

....but I'm sure a savvy vendor will figure out how to take things learned off the forum to make their own product better ;)

Alex, to your point about data entry, even though Dealersocket pushes to our DMS, we still have our F&I manager go over all the customer data in detail and he inputs it manually into dealertrack. Having the customer data exact on the forms is critical (for the lender, for the state, etc.) so we feel an extra 5 or 10 minutes of data entry is worth not having the headache of re-contracting the customer because of a bad data push.

We are using Eleads currently, the desking and CRM. This new platform that they call Core, still has some bugs which tends to be an ongoing issue with them. They roll out new updates and platforms without doing all the tests necessary to ensure their dealers are up and running without speed bumps. However, I must say the program is clean and easy to use. One last worry is the accountabiliy on getting blacklisted....anyone else worried?
Stephanie Hudson
Younger Motorcars

We use a combo here of Dealerups.com and WebControl. The WebControl is required by our franchise Mitsubishi. Not too sure I like dealerups.com seems a little generic. Does anyone else use Dealerups that might have some helpful insight and suggestions to getting the most out of it?

We're on DealerUps. The JM solutions bundle we subscribed to forced our hand but its been comprehensive. We revisit our schedules quarterly, which all go out past 5000 days. If you want to chat about the solution feel free to give me a shout and we can compare notes and help each other get the most out of the platform! 306.546.6052