• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Who are the Great Ones Among Us?

joe.pistell

Uncle Joe
Apr 7, 2009
Awards
First Name
Joe
Time to update the list of player's that are way ahead of the pack. To start us out, all 3 of these are players worth Bookmarking.

Boston Toyota Scion Dealerships | Acton Tewksbury Littleton MA
Virginia Beach Car Dealers | Auto Dealers in Virginia Beach, Norfolk Virginia
Auction Direct Used Car Superstore - The Best Used Cars For Sale - Visit Us Today | New York Used Cars | Raleigh Used Cars | Jacksonville Used Cars

Do you have a favorite dealer site that breaks out onto new ground, or, executes flawlessly?? Do they have fresh content? Are they committed to Video? Do they own the Search Engine Results in your area?

Please post your nominee here and why you find them noteworthy!

Last edited:
Joe,

This category wouldn't be complete unless the Used Car King were added to the list.

Why your site rules.

1. Find my dream car in 10 seconds.
2. Watch a video of selected vehicle
3. Can park it in my Used Car King garage.
4. Notified when somebody breaks into my garage and looks at my car.

Brilliant!

Very good choices! Each site is very well put together and sends a clear message. Very nice job!:)

Time to update the list of player's that are way ahead of the pack. To start us out, all 3 of these are players worth Bookmarking.

Boston Toyota Scion Dealerships | Acton Tewksbury Littleton MA
Virginia Beach Car Dealers | Auto Dealers in Virginia Beach, Norfolk Virginia
Auction Direct Used Car Superstore - The Best Used Cars For Sale - Visit Us Today | New York Used Cars | Raleigh Used Cars | Jacksonville Used Cars

Do you have a favorite dealer site that breaks out onto new ground, or, executes flawlessly?? Do they have fresh content? Are they committed to Video? Do they own the Search Engine Results in your area?

Please post your nominee here and why you find them noteworthy!

Very good choices! Each site is very well put together and sends a clear message. Very nice job!:)

Internet Marketing has many layers of effort that are NOT easily seen without a very very deep review. Just off the top of my pointy head...

Home Site Merchandising

--Specials/Clearance page
--Vehicle Data & Image Collection & Comments
--Video Walk Arounds
--Conversion Tracking and on-page improvements

Pay Per Click Marketing

GPOM (Google Page One Management)
--Satellite Network Sites
--Social Media
--Dealer Review Management

3rd Party Classified Site Marketing & Merchandising

Lead Management (CRM)

Ongoing Analysis and Improvements

There's a lot more than this...

I am starting to see 3 classes of dealerships, each of these 3 have unique challenges.

The ISM that runs the "One Man Show" most likely excels in one area and rushes his a** off trying to get all the rest done.

The multi-roof top typically has the resources to have dedicated players to focus on and execute a smaller task list. BUT, this multi-roof group needs great team skills to thrive (read:great leadership).

The indies are a strange bunch. They have chose to go it alone (build their own site) and prefer the freedom to built to suit their needs. WARNING.... Don't Try This at Home! The likely hood of failure is very high if you don't have the right players. There is an enormous amount of time and experiences needed to pull this off. Don't go down this road if you're looking to save money, you won't.

Internet Marketing is a team sport.

Last edited:
Rob Fontano has done some serious optimization to control Google Page One. He implements social media to not only provide customers with some "extra stuff", but keeps them abreast of worthy specials. He's been a big pusher of video and also does a lot of traditional to Internet marketing.

If I just go down the list, you posted earlier in this thread, I can put "check", "check", "check" next to just about everything.

Rob Fontano has done some serious optimization to control Google Page One. He implements social media to not only provide customers with some "extra stuff", but keeps them abreast of worthy specials. He's been a big pusher of video and also does a lot of traditional to Internet marketing.

If I just go down the list, you posted earlier in this thread, I can put "check", "check", "check" next to just about everything.

I'll second this nomination....I've been watching Rob's efforts and taking notes for a while now.
Craig