• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Who has the BEST 'Photo Overlay'?

If you want to see ideas for 1st picture creative overlays, look into the toughest marketplace on the planet camera items - Get great deals on Cameras Photo, Electronics items on eBay.com! Look all over ebay, these guys and gals live or die on creative to drive their CTR.

(In another life, 'ol Uncle Joe use to be the digital consultant and web builder for a large auction house in NY :geezer:)

Woa!

Too busy, makes the eye buzz around. Here's my $0.02.

• Drop the inner white border.
  • Your CT Chevy Dealer means less than your slogan: "We'll Treat You Right"
  • Drop CT icon (with dot). If I am >40 mins from that dot, thats a negative.
  • Keep over 200 New and used
  • Drop "Call for Details" Everyone knows its a phone number
  • On "One Owner" burst, Add Black border to make color pop more
  • Caps on URLs helps the eye. consider: TerryvilleChevy.com
  • Join "over 200 New and used" with TerryvilleChevy.com to create call to action: Try this on bottom "see over over 200 New and Used at TerryvilleChevy.com"
  • Move Phone number to top over "We'll Treat You Right"
  • Consider making phone number bright yellow.
  • Experiment with making inside corners softer, rounded.
  • If it's not too cluttered, add "Call Now!" to phone number

Great advice, I am just about to fix it up a bit so that all helps.

One thing I am torn on is a phone # in it... these pictures go to cars.com/craigslist etc which all have their own tracking numbers...

Should I drop the # is the dilemma...

Well here we go...

Before...
2291448113.jpg

After...
test01sh.jpg

Great advice, I am just about to fix it up a bit so that all helps.

One thing I am torn on is a phone # in it... these pictures go to cars.com/craigslist etc which all have their own tracking numbers...

Should I drop the # is the dilemma...

Give it a test. Give it it's OWN phone number and run it for 30 days. Maybe we'll learn something NEW! :)

Yes, Ed is right, it'll confuse shoppers, but, it's temporary! If you run it long enough AND if it does produce calls (and if they are quality calls), then maybe you've found a "focus area" at the what I call the "decision point". What I mean is at some point, the shopper moves from stealth to visible. They are moving from research to action. I'd love to see a big study that could follow shoppers and identify what is it on the page that sends them... "over the edge". It'll never happen, but I can dream ...

Well here we go...

Before...
2291448113.jpg

After...
test01sh.jpg

2 things IMO.

Too wordy on the bottom IMO
Consider dropping the word "See" and possibly reduce the font impact of "Over 200 New & Used Vehicles at" . Remember, people scan, they don't read. What I mean by reducing the font impact is making it thinner or smaller or "less white".

Add more impact for Classified sites
Consider making the burst background BRIGHT YELLOW and also make the web address larger with that same bright yellow from the burst.

p.s.Looking at these pics ALONE, is missing what it looks like on AT or Cars.com. IMO, you should screenshot your ads on AT and cars.com to help you keep track of your changes. Ideally, the final judge is seeing an uptick in CTR.

Last edited:
2 things IMO.

Too wordy on the bottom IMO
Consider dropping the word "See" and possibly reduce the font impact of "Over 200 New & Used Vehicles at" . Remember, people scan, they don't read. What I mean by reducing the font impact is making it thinner or smaller or "less white".

Add more impact for Classified sites
Consider making the burst background BRIGHT YELLOW and also make the web address larger with that same bright yellow from the burst.

p.s.Looking at these pics ALONE, is missing what it looks like on AT or Cars.com. IMO, you should screenshot your ads on AT and cars.com to help you keep track of your changes. Ideally, the final judge is seeing an uptick in CTR.

Our craigslist ads pull right from these photos... so I cannot do more than one version...

Thanks for all of the help

I had been farting around with getting overlays on my photos since working with the Younger Group. This thread inspired me to get it done! Thanks everyone.

Try to keep it simple. Call to action for 3rd Party Listing sites. Hopefully HomeNet will soon allow me to have different overlay according the ad source.

attachment.php

Attachments

• JM1BK32FX91247331-1.jpg
    JM1BK32FX91247331-1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 158
Stefan,

To answer your question about cost, we will do a full on photoshop (complete cut out and image replacement) for less than $5. That included the download of the photo from your sysyem and reupload to the system.

Something like this: Everett Used 2004 Buick LeSabre Custom Everett

You can choose the BG (we have dealers that use their own showroom) and even multiple BG (different for trucks than sport cars for example).