• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Who has the BEST 'Photo Overlay'?

Joe,

I agree with you in respect to this particular example. Adding a background like that would make me think twice. However, for some reason, this practice has been gaining ground recently, and can look good at times by helping dealers customize the look of their vehicles.

*image no longer exists*

One one hand you want to show customers that the car is on the lot next to others but for the dealers contemplating an expensive staging area this might be a more cost effective alternative...

Joe,

I agree with you in respect to this particular example. Adding a background like that would make me think twice. However, for some reason, this practice has been gaining ground recently, and can look good at times by helping dealers customize the look of their vehicles.

3039900379.jpg

One one hand you want to show customers that the car is on the lot next to others but for the dealers contemplating an expensive staging area this might be a more cost effective alternative...

EEK!

View attachment 430

Careful!
Photoshop done wrong can send a warning sign to some shoppers. "That looks fake" or, "what else did they edit... the seats? the fenders?"

You are right Joe, it does look fake BUT, the original looks terrible as that dealer needs to repave their lot and that was the 'look' they liked it. I think that a different choice image and a better photo to start with will make things much better.

However the bigger point it that nowadays this can be done for little $ and offer the customer an inetersting represantation of the vehicle.

LOL that's a good one Alex. I'm of the opinion that it does a good job playing to the consumer experience. Especially on sites where the call to action is 30x smaller then all the ad space and the only visible phone number is on the photo. Hippos love this shit though!!

I look at the overlay in the same way I do a display ad. Give me the Impressions for increased branding.

I wish Homenet would allow me to assign different overlays according to the ad source I'm exporting, allowing to incorporate a different call to action.

I look at the overlay in the same way I do a display ad. Give me the Impressions for increased branding.

I wish Homenet would allow me to assign different overlays according to the ad source I'm exporting, allowing to incorporate a different call to action.

110% totally agree!

HOMENET webiol 2.0 design team, I HOPE YOU HAVE BEEN LISTENING!! Empower your power players! We want to REWARD the shoppers with a better experience, give us the tools and let us run with the ball!!!