• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Who's on Facebook and Twitter?

I just became a fan. My only suggestion is to work on getting more of your fans to say stuff on your wall.

Thanks Alex! Getting interaction is a tough part of it. I have our receptionist set up as an "admin" so she can go in and post stuff. It takes some creativity to get people to respond.

I convinced one of my salespeople to get his own page this week and he is already re-connecting with a ton of people from a nearby city. A lot of these people didn't know he was in the car-biz. There has to be some opportunity in that.

Thanks Alex! Getting interaction is a tough part of it. I have our receptionist set up as an "admin" so she can go in and post stuff. It takes some creativity to get people to respond.

I convinced one of my salespeople to get his own page this week and he is already re-connecting with a ton of people from a nearby city. A lot of these people didn't know he was in the car-biz. There has to be some opportunity in that.
Good move, Brent. I'm excited to see dealers using the social media interfaces more. The best way to advertise and get the word around is viral media for sure. Something to think about also with the admin posting - is to have her post a survey question which can be done via many of Facebook's tweaks and apps.

Also, having her surf pages and leaving personalized messages on pages. It takes a few extra seconds, but it absolutely goes a long way.

Last edited:
Good move, Brent. I'm excited to see dealers using the social media interfaces more. The best way to advertise and get the word around is viral media for sure. Something to think about also with the admin posting - is to have her post a survey question which can be done via many of Facebook's tweaks and apps.

Also, having her surf pages and leaving personalized messages on pages. It takes a few extra seconds, but it absolutely goes a long way.

Thanks for the ideas!

Here's a few of mine,

My Twitter

My Facebook

I was going to list all the facebook and twitter accounts for our dealers but I wanted to quickly ask for some Twitter advice, 2 Kia stores use the same Twitter account and our 3 used stores use the same twitter account, is this OK? There would be better mileage out of each having their own account but for sake of (laziness?) convenience I've amalgamated them to 1 account each...

@Brian and Jeff - Shame on both of you for making false ASSumptions... Or, showcasing your lack of due diligence! Where would you get the idea that I was endorsing outsourcing?!?!?! ADP is a multinational global company with tens of thousands of employees in facilities OWNED by ADP and staffed with FULL-TIME ADP employees. Yes, we are a global company... Many of our employees in India, all the European countries, China, the Middle East, Russia, Canada and in over 28 countries have worked for ADP as full time, fully benefited employees for over ten years. They are as much genuine ADP employees as me and all the US based ADP employees.....

Ralph...seriously? Chill out.

You took the opportunity to post links to ALL of your "Ralph Paglia" social sites (even though it was more for "dealers" to showcase their social sites" and not a whois Ralph Paglia), then you said...

...The benefit of having a shop in India that can set up dealer's on over 120 sites with domains, links, images, story content, etc. in less than 5 business days.
I then said...

Hummm..sounds like social SPAM to me. And it's outsourced..?

My comments hardly warranted your remarks. Unless you had some internal defending to do and at that point I understand.

I would appreciate if you did not respond back in this thread unless you're going to share some examples of dealers leveraging social media..if you have anymore issues with this, email me directly or pick up the phone.

Again...let's get this thread back on topic and get more dealers to post links to their social sites..:)