• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Wow Facebook Dealer Sites?

It's done using FBML (facebook markup language) so if you have the inventory feed and someone who knows FBML and car website development you can create any cool app for car dealers. Service forms would not be a problem.

DealerRater has an inventory listing tool that is free if you are a Certified Dealer but the GOSO application is much slicker and has direct integration to dealer site. Dealers can drop in their own custom tabs to match their website without a third party, if they had someone on staff that knows HTML.

The key thing is to determine how to train Facebook users to click on the TABS for different functions...and then to see how much activity develops. Overtime, consumers could prefer this way of browsing cars. It's so early in the game to see how much traction this gets but I love the way it looks, feels and so they are in a great path.

Just as an FYI DealerRater.Com does put dealer inventory on dealer's Facebook pages as part of their Certified Dealer Program. Not as fancy but if you're looking for a way to get your inventory on Facebook it's a great way to leverage your Reputation Management with your inventory and Social Media.:D

We signed up our two dealerships with Goso, so we got in on the trial (woohoo).

Twitter pages:
Dallas Acura
Dallas Audi

Facebook pages:
Dallas Acura Dealer
Dallas Audi Dealer

I think they are doing a great job of managing our social media pages (and I am positive that the results will come in time) and we have an account manager assigned to us that does our postings and all I need to do is send her some materials and they take care of the rest. of course they also post things without our input and do a great job of locating informative content.

I cannot say enough good things about them and I cannot wait for their Inventory pages to be included on Facebook and their other tools like Buzz Monitoring. Keep up the great work GOSO.

Does GOSO just manage the page and post updates? or do they farm for new in market clients/fans as well ? I agree it seems very sales driven which could turn facebook users off.

Hi, GOSO has an account management dept that assists dealers create rich content to post to their wall/stream. Most of the content posted is consumer oriented, rarely ever do we post any inventory as it will be counter intuitive. The Facebook application allows the inventory to be present but the consumer has to engage it in order to view it.

Let me know if you have any further questions. We also have a webinar every Tuesday and Thursday if you want to join us in a demo.

Cheers,
Adam Boalt
Founder
GOSO.com