• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Wow Facebook Dealer Sites?

Hello all... I have been working with Facebook FBML and iframing for a bit now and can attest to Brian's comments above... For those who want to try it out I recommend (KISS) iframing. iframing allows your external (of facebook) web page to be framed into fb within the limitations set by fb. The process is a little tricky, but for those comfortable with ftp and hosted environments it is worth the time. I personally tripled my site traffic in less than 90 days using twitter / fb / and these tabs. This is going to be huge.

Any dealers interested in discussing or adding dealer pages (tabs / canvas pages) are welcome to visit Social 2 to Promotional Index.

Good Selling,

DTG

There's an app by Gumiyo that does this. As far as I know, it's free as long as you have an inventory feed to Gumiyo (at least it is through our software). You can search it. The app is called MyShowroom .

Also, the pages you are seeing for the Walser Automotive Group etc. They are created with an app called "Static FBML" (search that also) That basically adds tabs to your page where you can insert any HTML. I've thrown whole websites, links to credit applications, framed in inventory... (basically, if its a website, you can get it there) and all of this without ever leaving Facebook. I've already written a blog entry with exact instructions on how to do this step-by-step, I just haven't posted it yet.

As for the graphics, you can use your own ad agency to create a static graphic (or a dynamic one with links), you can create it yourself, or there are companies that will create the graphic just for your fan page in the $100-$200 flat fee range.

While my blog page isn't a dealer page, it uses the same principles (link below) and the MyShowroom app is live with inventory on my demo page (link also below). The "Arnold's Sales Demo" page actually has two methods of getting inventory (or websites) onto your Facebook page. The first tab (MyShowroom) is through Gumiyo, the other tab "My Inventory" is something I played with that you can put any websites into. Just look through the drop-down menu. You will see two choices currently but you can add as many as you'd like. Everything opens up within Facebook.

Blog Page: bslashc

Demo Page: Arnold's Sale's Demo

It's not hard, and it's not expensive.

Last edited:
Being in this industry, we have all become a little numb to the car buying experience, but if we all think back to that first car we bought, you probably thought the car salesperson was your best friend by the end of the process (hopefully). I know I would have signed up to be a fan of that dealership's Facebook page.

Social Media is one of the easiest and most underused avenues to reach your customers. The best way to ask your customers for a referral, "Become a fan of our site". Now you don't get 3 or 4 names, but 3 or 4 hundred impressions with your new customers friends and family.

If you are in the market to buy a car, and you just saw one of your close friends become a fan of XYZ Dealership, wouldn't you go check out their fan site? And if they had inventory on the fan site that linked to their website, well you just started the car buying process and lead generation on Facebook of all places.

Here is some information on the sites eCarList has put together for our dealerships:

http://www.ecarlist.com/products/dealer-websites/social-media/facebook-integration

And here are direct links to a few of our Facebook pages:

Sewell Automotive Companies | Facebook
Grubbs Infiniti | Facebook

One of the things to also consider is what people are engaging with. This is important for several reasons.

1) News Feed vs Live Feed. If people aren't consuming or responding to your content, your posts won't be visible in their main page unless they change it to "Most Recent"

2) Only a fraction of people are in market for a vehicle at a given time. Of that percentage, how many are ignoring FarmVille, Mob Wars, their friends and family-- and more importantly NOT going to your website, picking up the phone, or stopping in? The fact is the industry hasn't reached the point where people are spending their time browsing Facebook business pages for vehicles

Strong social metrics of consideration are e-mail address collection, engagement, website traffic and overall impact (depending on ability to track).

Does anyone know the rough cost for this application?

If you're looking for costs on GOSO's application (which was mentioned at the beginning of this thread) you should contact them directly. At least tell them you were looking at them because of DealerRefresh :)

I have not seen their pricing for a while, but I know they have different packages. Another DealerRefresh sponsor who can help on inventory for facebook is PCG Consulting. They host your inventory on their Automotive Advertising Network and then place it on your facebook fan page. Like GOSO, PCG Consulting would like to hear that you came across their names on DealerRefresh.....not sure if mentioning DR would help you out too.