• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Uncle Joe's Make Over Diary

Recently I did some mystery shopping... 20 + dealers... NOBODY is using the "Lead Submission Confirmation Page". What do you plan to do with yours?
View attachment 410

I think this is a great opportunity that nobody is using!

How about promote some current specials, big sales...

oooh... good thinking Stefan! I'll add that to the list for sure!

Funny, just before I was reading your post, I got a from
[email protected]. My leads have the IP stamped on them to look for trouble makers and spammers, the lead was from [FONT=&quot]66.224.71.210. Son-of-a-gun, I found you! http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/66.224.71.210

thnx again!
Joe

[/FONT]

Last edited:

Great point Stefan. I wrote an article about this years ago. I'll see if I can find it.

I want to persuade the consumer to take the next step into purchasing by "pushing" them into my Credit application.

Some other options - ask them to "Like you" on facebook if you're into that type of thing. :)

Might be a good place for Dealer Reviews.

IF you're a dealer group and you carry cross shopped makes (and you're dealers play nice), this is an excellent opportunity to a link to your other dealer websites to offer cross shopped makes.

Thanks for you interested in our Honda Accord. Many of our customers that shop Honda's are also considering a Toyota or Nissan.

Click here to shop our full line of Toyota's
Click here to shop our full line of Nissan's

Take the opportunity to capture another lead for another one of your dealers.

Good By SEO. Google is eating it's young. It's only a matter of time until it hits our biz.

Google Search: Pool Tables

LOOK AT THAT RESULT! OMG!

pool-tables-serp.gif

SEO BOOK: How Google Killed Category Killer Domain Names

Joe Pistell:"An Open Letter to Mark O’Neil – Chairman and CEO of DealerTrack" Vendors, prepare your ship for the storm, you've been warned.

Last edited:
Am I the ONLY wack job that sees the train coming??
Google Takes First Big Bite Into Rich Snippet Search With Recipes
"...Google worked with AllRecipes.com, Food Network, Epicurious and BettyCrocker.com to ensure they were coding their content appropriately to be indexed. ... it allows people to more easily find the recipes they are looking for, but it may minimize the need to search or page through the sites themselves..."

6 months ago, I wrote: http://forum.dealerrefresh.com/f21/new-spin-autotrader-buy-thon-1394.html
"Why in the world is 'Trader (Cox Enterprises) buying up gigantic Automotive Internet properties like KBB.com, vAuto and HomeNet? ...what's motivating the "fat finger" at 'Trader HQ?

It's very possible that Goolge's going to eat their lunch and render them a 2nd class citizen..."
I tossed the CEO of DealerTrack (Mark O'Neil) a high soft pitch to become the HUB of the Auto Search universe: Is DealerTrack Chrome the Answer Google Has Been Looking For? | DealerRefresh

Add to this, the "reduction of noise" that will come from HTML standards (Schema.org) and everything is pointing to my instincts being right on the money. BIG change is coming our way.

Last edited:
Dear Make Over Diary, long time no talk to... man have I been busy.

My research keeps producing interesting new concepts that prevents me from rolling out Used Car King - Used Cars & Trucks | Syracuse, Utica, Binghamton, Rochester, Central New York version 2.0. I've found some shopper behavior that we've all completely over looked and I can't wait to see if I'm right. For you zombie geeks, I'm working on faceted navigation, which connects to option tagging. It's not new, but, making it SEO/PPC friendly and user friendly ain't easy.

NewCarKing.com keeps running into sludge, project is way behind schedule. More as it comes.

DealerTrack Finance Form users, see my WARNING post.