• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealer's Buying FAKE Likes on Facebook. v. 50K Fans, Are You Serious..

kcar

Boss
Jun 14, 2011
First Name
B
McCluskey Chevrolet - Automotive - Cincinnati, OH | Facebook

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

They bought them through a company that charges $500/month for 5K likes per month. How ethical is that, faking your count.. Also if you look at their status charts, it shows 6, yes SIX likes/month to 5,000+ and for a few months then drops down again. Seems like all the other dealers in their Automall area are starting to use it as well..

roflugh.gif
, seriously..

You think that is bad, check this one out:

Wikimotive | Facebook

lol. That's the vendor who does that for those two pages above! Also they offer 2,000 Google +1's, yet I would LOVE to see any dealer order that, Google will de-list them from the SERPs without hesitation. (Hundreds of studies on this). I hate vendors like WikiMotive, they have no idea what their doing, even if you want to buy +1's they have to be in a very slow diverse dripfeed, which they know clearly nothing about. Offering a service that can destroy a dealership's website, I dislike the fact, but if a dealer wants to be unethical, I'm all for their websites getting de-listed.

Also, you can buy 5K likes for ~$44 everywhere online.. (And that's a single order, bulk orders get them even lower), and on almost any SEO forum.. Simply send e-mail to random provider, and it's done in 1-3 days. Charging $500/Month is crazy. ex: 10K likes, a $1,000 Bill for $88 worth of products, not to mention it's social so good luck getting any value of it to begin with..