• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Who's Going to DSES? Speak up!!

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
DSES 2014 is right around the corner and if there's ONE event in this industry that I still look forward to, it's DSES!

• Great Education
  • Cutting Edge
  • Progressive
  • Amazing Breakout Speakers (especially this year!)
  • Awesome Keynotes:
Bryan Eisenberg​
Rand Fishkin​
Mike Hudson​
Jack Simmons​
Brian Solis​
Florian Zettelmeyer​
Adam Justis​
...and of course the resident keynote Jared Hamilton. Jared is no doubt one of my favorite industry speakers…next to Jack of course.​

Few notes:

1. If you're attending DSES, sound off in the comments!
2. Post any open parties or hangout happening that you know of.
3. Download the DSES mobile app
4. Print off the breakout agenda (for a back-up)
5. If you're SPEAKING at DSES, post your session info below!

Are you going to DSES? I get in Saturday evening.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll be there - and for the 6th year in a row! Very excited for this year's event as there seems to be a new level of enthusiasm and spirit buzzing around the industry.

Also speaking again this year, all about how wearables are changing how dealers connect with consumers (& how this will impact local search as well!) Check it out during Monday afternoon's breakout sessions: https://www.facebook.com/events/1520904004793323/

Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 4.29.23 PM.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
I'll be getting on in late evening Saturday and Speaking on Monday morning during the 9:55AM breakout sessions...

Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 12.39.33 AM.jpg

I'm looking forward to presenting "Mobile Workflow and the Showroom Process of the Future"

If you're familiar with the term or at least understand the concept of Showrooming, then you won't want to miss out on this session full of the latest studies, rich data, best practices and ideas.

I'll not only get you up to speed on the latest and most important statistics around this common consumer action, but before you leave – you’ll understand and learn…

1. Why this now common way of shopping is not only here to stay but also how it will continue to change and affect your showroom process and sales.​

2. How to leverage technology and tablets (you already have) to your advantage by injecting it into your traditional “road to the sale” to build trust and regain some control. Ultimately selling more vehicles while optimizing gross on the front end and selling more products on the back end.​

3. What (free) applications you need pre-loaded on your dealerships mobile tablets that will re-establish a new and more effective workflow and process on your showroom floor.​

4. Reduce sales employee churn by empowering your staff with instant knowledge and customer decision data that help them quickly achieve success right at the tip of their fingers - literally.

5. A mapped out game plan and prepared check list of items, ideas and best practices that will help you execute on this new and improved Showroom Process right away.​

Other sessions may utilize this up and coming buzzword showrooming to educate you and offer different services, cutting edge marketing technology and the importance of mobile website design. While all very important, “Mobile Workflow and the Showroom Process of the Future” will prepare you long term on how adapt and change your overall strategy.

Not only will your customers LOVE the new experience, but your sales team will instantly appreciate how much more effective and confident they become. Ultimately resulting in MORE than just another sale.

Great thread, Jeff! I land on Saturday early afternoon -- if anyone out there in DealerRefresh land is landing at the same time & wants to share a cab to the Bellagio - let me know!

As far as sessions go - I'm thrilled to be speaking this year. At the 3:25 PM Breakout Sessions (unfortunately at the same time as Eric Miltsch) I'm speaking with my General Manager, Andy Guelcher - our topic is Dealership Culture And It's Effects On Long-Term Sustained Profitability. If you're going, here's the Facebook Event.

breakout.jpg

You'll learn
How Dealership Culture is directly related to profitability.
What effects a negative culture has on sustained profitability & growth.
Several things (it was 3 - but I added more - there's just soo many) you can do today to improve the culture at your store.

I look forward to seeing everyone there!!

We'll be back with our 4th Digital Media Battle on the main stage Tuesday Oct. 14th at 9:30am.
We're changing up the format to be more of a true debate, but will have industry experts and dealers such as
Bill Simmons
Gary May
Michael Halloran
Christy Roman
Jason Ezell
and Sean Stapleton

And the night prior, we'll be holding our 7th (or 8th) Joe and Shaun Karaokethon at Dino's Lounge at 10pm

Reactions: 3 people
I will be there and looking forward to seeing everyone. I arrive early Saturday.

If you are on the attendee list you should have received the email with your username and password for the DSES mobile app. I highly recommend downloading it. You can view the agenda and create your own schedule for which breakout sessions you plan on seeing. It should come in handy as I understand there will not be an agenda booklet handed out this year as there has been at past conferences.

Last edited:
I'll be there and I'm looking forward to it!

It is a coin toss decision during a few of the breakout session slots for me this year. I know you can't go wrong with most of them and there is great information to take away in every session, but I'd sure like to be able to clone myself on Monday at 9:55!

Reactions: 2 people