• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

IF you are FED up with ReyRey and CDK!!!

Jlewis74

Boss
Mar 21, 2013
First Name
Jeremy
I posted this as a reply in another thread but wanted to put it up here also.

I have seen many threads with people griping about RR and CDK and I don't blame you. Here is the best advice I can give.... SWITCH to a new DMS!!!!!! I don't care how large you are you have options. I do not work for any of these today, I used to work for Auto/Mate and I also endorse Auto Soft. Both of these providers are unique and I would suggest getting a demo from each if you consider making a change.

You will not lose anything, all data will transfer, you will be trained and after 30 days you will forget what you had before. You will also save a ton of money. I switched a dealer off CDK, Ford dealership with a used car operation down the road, they were paying $17K per month to CDK. I switched them to A/M for less than $4k per month.

You will also not face huge DMS integration fees from your 3rd parties, both have a API real time data push/pull. Vendors actually like to work with them!

If anyone has any direct questions about either of them or any DMS for that matter feel free to reach out to me!

I have seen many threads with people griping about RR and CDK and I don't blame you. Here is the best advice I can give.... SWITCH to a new DMS!!!!!! I don't care how large you are you have options.

@Jlewis74 It is a massive massive challenge to change DMS providers and I don't it's as easy as your saying it is to "Switch to a new DMS". Even Hendrick ran into enough issues moving from Rey Rey to CDK to stop the transition.
http://www.autonews.com/article/20161107/RETAIL07/311079964/cdks-fantastic-win-is-now-lost

@rollo695 I personally am not a fan of DealerBuilt.

@Jeff Kershner both Auto/Mate and AutoSoft have all the factory communications in place, some even more than CDK or RR. Nissan worked with Auto/Mate to develop their new platform.

@Rick Buffkin the undertaking of Hendrick trying to change would pose a challenge. But most dealers are not that large. I was always upfront and would tell dealers, its going to be 30 days of pain in simply learning new ways to do things, you finger memory is the hardest to overcome. For a group of 20 stores or less its not really that bad as you would not do every store at once. For a single point, it really is easy. You will get push back from your staff, and this has a to be a top down buy in. Have your staff involved in the demo process and hear their voice in who they like. But make it clear, if you want to leave CDK or RR make sure they know you are going to switch and it is up to them to participate in the process and let their voice be heard.

After yesterday with many CDK DMS being down I got a feeling more and more are thinking about it today!

• :light:
Reactions: Jeff Kershner
Everyone at my store hates CDK. I'm a software developer, and the amount of bullshit I have to go through to automate the extraction of data to other databases for custom software is insane. We moved from R&R about 1 1/2 years ago. Both are very clunky, inefficient, and costly.

Hopefully we'll be able to get off the CDK bandwagon soon. The nickel 'n diming is obscene.

@craigh CDK websites and DMS were down from about 2PM till late into the night, some still being down this morning on the DMS side.

A little bird told me that a RAID array failed in LV. After the restart, they had a storm of GFE's (file errors in their OS like crossed files and lost clusters on your PC, you know the ones "checkdisk" is supposed to fix -but just seems to makes things worse) affecting 300 or so dealers for up to 48 hours.

The good news is that during that time, when nobody could get in, the dealers data was secure. Good job on that CDK.

Reactions: BradyFerron