• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Facebook Marketplace

I've been reaching out to the people at CDK for two months trying to get our vehicle catalog included and no one over there seems to know about it. I've also written to Facebook several times about it with no luck. Right now we are running vehicle inventory through the regular ads platform and we getting a lot of good traffic. I test posted two vehicles manually in the "Marketplace" and received a couple of leads, but I want to get into the market place via a feed. Very few have access at this time although Edmond is one of those are in. I spoke with another dealer who is loving it and saying he gets more action than Craigslist. I'm looking for a way to get a feed catalog included. If anyone has any tips or work around, please let me know. This is something to jump on I believe.

Multiple conversations about Marketplace at NADA, both with vendors who are engaged with it and dealers who tried it. Result: I'm less desperate to be an approved partner. One of my clients is probably the single guy in the industry who knows classifieds advertising better than anyone and he's out. Decent number of leads, nothing converting (and this is a guy who converts double digits on Craigslist at a group level). The current partner set is strange, in my opinion, with several vendors who don't even do exports or poll inventory...so really no idea the purpose of the partnership. Others (like Contact At Once) make sense but don't seem to even be integrated yet.

I could probably sell more products and fill a stated need for my dealers, but I don't know that I'd be providing any real value.

Super interesting.... Believe it or not though, this one I need to see to believe.... Hopefully they will open it up some soon and accept a wider range of feeds from a wider range of third parties...... At least that is what they are saying.... And they are not saying that much.

Super interesting.... Believe it or not though, this one I need to see to believe.... Hopefully they will open it up some soon and accept a wider range of feeds from a wider range of third parties...... At least that is what they are saying.... And they are not saying that much.

Yeah, I'm not optimistic it will happen quickly. We're CDK certified and ContactAtOnce is a partner...and we still haven't gotten too far.

Honestly, all seems very oddly mum about it. I've filled out the applications with Facebook several times, and the status-quo from CDK, is silence, mostly no answer or return communication of any kind. Even finding someone at CDK who even knows what department is handling it is pretty rare if even possible... And this is from a company that usually gets back to you with an answer very quickly, on this subject, there is usually no response at all.