• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

What in the Heck is Going On With my Dealer.com sites in Google SRP's?????

@Alexander Lau , No changes bro. Ya know, I've had other dealers, marketing companies and OEM reps to contact me about this issue directly as well, with these messed up listings showing in organic search without using search operators. It's just easier to spot with a search operator. There's a ghost in the DDC machine. They simply can't find it and it's attacking the core of their product. Their website platform. 3,4 or 5 years ago this would not have carried on for 10 months without a resolution. DDC... How long do you think dealers will allow this to carry on? How long do you think OEM's will allow this to carry on? How long do you think Toyota, Ford, Chrysler, Hyundai or Subaru will continue to allow other manufactures names and branding to show in Google search results for their dealers websites??? The excuses and finger pointing will get old!!
Good point, if I were an OEM using them, I'd be pissed and start to ask WTF is wrong. Time to start over with their server enviro(s)?

880x495_387614.jpg

Got my DDC SEO report a couple weeks ago and just now getting around to actually viewing the darn thing. So glad to know that the additional $$$$ we're spending for a SEO pkg is going to good use and that they are spending time looking for optimization opportunities on our website!

upload_2018-10-23_14-25-11.png
The New model showroom page!
upload_2018-10-23_14-28-44.png

This guy must be the one doing the looking, huh...
giphy.gif

Got my DDC SEO report a couple weeks ago and just now getting around to actually viewing the darn thing. So glad to know that the additional $$$$ we're spending for a SEO pkg is going to good use and that they are spending time looking for optimization opportunities on our website!

View attachment 3919
The New model showroom page!
View attachment 3920

This guy must be the one doing the looking, huh...
giphy.gif
What a fucking joke. Let's watch the Cox / DDC supporters come out of the woodwork. Pfffttt.... Garbage... don't even bother.

Funny, I was just gonna' ping you on this specific thread. :)

Here's a breakdown of what happened with our interactions with DCC over the two months:

Someone mentioned that it's possibly an issue with duplicate content. We found one of the issues that linked two dealerships (Volvo and Kia) that have completely different content. They do share the same URL structure, but the meta looks different between both URLs.

DDC has said that "Some specific pages seem to be recurring - dealership, financing, sitemap, blog, global incentives, etc." " in Google Search Console for the affected sites/pages we're seeing: "Google chose different canonical than user = This URL is marked as canonical for a set of pages, but Google thinks another URL makes a better canonical."

DDC says they made the changes " including adjustments to our robots.txt file to disallow the crawling of certain pages (like VDP print pages), and to no index things like blog/authors/, privacy.htm, among others."

DC rep says it is a Google Caching issue

Here's a breakdown of what happened with our interactions with DCC over the two months:

Someone mentioned that it's possibly an issue with duplicate content. We found one of the issues that linked two dealerships (Volvo and Kia) that have completely different content. They do share the same URL structure, but the meta looks different between both URLs.

DDC has said that "Some specific pages seem to be recurring - dealership, financing, sitemap, blog, global incentives, etc." " in Google Search Console for the affected sites/pages we're seeing: "Google chose different canonical than user = This URL is marked as canonical for a set of pages, but Google thinks another URL makes a better canonical."

DDC says they made the changes " including adjustments to our robots.txt file to disallow the crawling of certain pages (like VDP print pages), and to no index things like blog/authors/, privacy.htm, among others."

DC rep says it is a Google Caching issue
This is not a Google Caching issue, we've been over that.

Yes, agreed.

I guess my point was that even after all this time (what, since January?), that's what they are still claiming. Didn't mean to beat a dead horse, but wanted to share since it was a reply from them just last week.
They are going to keep making that excuse to protect their own asses. This has never been a Google caching problem, it's an issue in the way that they're serving their sites. What's amazing is the fact that their representatives have disappeared from this thread, even when it holds them publicly accountable. The continuing issues and silence speaks for itself.

Reactions: Dane Saville
Are there any of these vendor solutions that aren't...built to scale and individual fail? Managed SEO is a farce. Fact is there are far too many sites/pages/clients all competing in the same verticle for them to do anything effectively, no?
Precisely Gerry, there's no way that they can scale a quality SEO (and Content Marketing) effort against many thousands of websites. The same can be said of their giant competitors. If your group is doing it because it's coopable, change your strategy (try and move your money elsewhere) and go with a smaller agency. I can point out at least 10 good ones for you.