DealerAuthority Don't settle for syndicated content.

erika_simms

Administrator
Oct 16, 2018
First Name
Erika
Today was a disappointment in the social media advertising space. This afternoon several of our strategists noticed this ⤵️ video popping up on their feeds:

Now, don't get us wrong - it's important to utilize the marketing tools that the OEM provides you (why wouldn't you!?) but the reason we all ::sighed:: while looking at our screens was the fact that this video went live on multiple dealership Facebook pages on the same day! How can dealers differientate themselves from their competitors when they are posting the exact. same. content?

#syndicationisadirtyword

Reactions: DigitalCarguy
Syndicated content is mostly driven by co-op dollars. No tactical message from the OEM, no co-op.

I do agree it can hurt the effort but usually performance is what really takes the hit...

True - - but when we noticed that this content isn't be driven by the dealership (posting it on their own) but by their digital marketing vendor, that's when we really get disappointed. So much for creating a custom experience for dealers and their customers!

True - - but when we noticed that this content isn't be driven by the dealership (posting it on their own) but by their digital marketing vendor, that's when we really get disappointed. So much for creating a custom experience for dealers and their customers!

While I'm no fan of plain, brand-driven efforts, I think dealers should focus on what works vs. being unique... The nuance is really, really important. There are ways to piggyback off the OEM message to make a killing.