• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

My Rant about DealerInspire.

I tried DI for about 3 months. My takeaway was that it is meant for dealerships that have an ad agency or are willing to pay for 100% managed services. I cant write HTML. Bootstraps belong on boots, not my website editor. Update specials and slides in a timely fashion? forget it. Want to run 10% off model A, B, and C for just the weekend and have that price show online? Not going to happen unless you call their support team, hope they get it done right before they close, or have to wait until Monday for them to fix it.

We went back to DDC with Advanced Composer access. I would still be watching YouTube videos on what the hell "padding" means when trying to accomplish something that takes 30 seconds in DDC.

I am sure others have had success with it but for dealer managed sites, nothing beats DDC Composer and Inventory Manager that I have seen.

DI...... Here I am again with website issues that no one can seem to be able to fix. Been working with support daily and the issue is going on for 5 days now. This is really past the point of being ridiculous. I'm not going to get into the details of the issues here in the forums. You for sure need to have a very, very serious discussion within the walls at your facility about QC'ing your work and whats being rolled out.

DI...... Here I am again with website issues that no one can seem to be able to fix. Been working with support daily and the issue is going on for 5 days now. This is really past the point of being ridiculous. I'm not going to get into the details of the issues here in the forums. You for sure need to have a very, very serious discussion within the walls at your facility about QC'ing your work and whats being rolled out.

Anything I can help with?

Did you not have enough padding in your bootstraps?

Reactions: craigh
It's been a very busy and stressful day guys. I want to thank a few of the folks there are DI for helping me get some of the primary issues sorted out with our website. Ryan, Jim, Justin, Brooke and Sean. Thank you all for your help and contributions to getting the issue resolved!

giphy.gif

I don't know why DI insist on not using or not correctly setting up cross domain measurement / analytics or at the least collecting the GAID from the primary site visit and using that instead of creating a completely new GAID / user which ends up being a double counter in GA if the user visits the Online Shopper portal. It comes into GA in the Direct Channel as a new user. When that happens, all the session info (campaign data, VDP's viewed, SRP, etc...) is completely gone / lost and the metrics are completely skewed and false! I've mentioned this earlier in this thread. Seems the Devs updated the browser name they inject the data into Google analytics with and then business as usual. There's so many good things you could be doing with Measurement Protocol but, you're not. You're not even passing the page / vehicle the customer worked payments on and tying it back to the initial data / visit before the customer went into the OS portal . How far they got into the payment funnel in the OS portal.

1583945214681.png