• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Coronavirus Dealer Relief - TrueCar just cut our rates by half for April. Who's next?

Hmmmm...!?

1st Gear: Car Payment Crisis Relief
A new $2.5 trillion stimulus proposal from U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi, the third version of a bill originally introduced by Republican leadership and rejected by Democrats, now includes more progressive and stricter guidance on corporate economic relief while attempting to ease financial pressure on the working class, including temporarily suspending car payments.

Pelosi’s 1,400-page bill would have broad implications for the financial sector. It would force lenders to grant a temporary reprieve from mortgage and car payments and credit card bills. It would order the Federal Reserve to provide loan servicers with liquidity to allow borrowers to stop paying their mortgages for up to 360 days. Public housing residents would get a temporary reprieve from paying rent, and student loan borrowers would have $10,000 of debt forgiven.

Negative consumer credit reporting would be halted. Foreclosures and evictions would be banned.

Dianne Craig, CEO of FordDirect, did reply to the questions of whether the discounts from the vendors will pass through the OEM programs to the dealer. Answer is "yes", below, but not sure of the amount yet. I have reached out to FCA (Denver Business Office) with no reply. I have received affirmation that Mazda, from Mazda marketing, is working towards solutions as well but no word from Shift.

Image 2020-03-26 at 7.14.20 AM.png

I got a pretty terse reply yesterday from FCA of "The FCA Digital program already operates at reduced rates" and when we pushed, got this, "Again I am unaware of any reduced rates. Whatever you are currently paying should be the expectation moving forward."

Not gonna lie, that really pissed me off. Not just the tone but that FCA wouldn't have jumped out in front and gave some sort of well-worded announcement to dealers.

I got a pretty terse reply yesterday from FCA of "The FCA Digital program already operates at reduced rates" and when we pushed, got this, "Again I am unaware of any reduced rates. Whatever you are currently paying should be the expectation moving forward."

Not gonna lie, that really pissed me off. Not just the tone but that FCA wouldn't have jumped out in front and gave some sort of well-worded announcement to dealers.

That's what I've heard & seen as well, pretty insane that they're sticking with that. I've heard Shift is being more flexible with their programs and working with providers on it, although haven't seen any formal communication yet.

That's what I've heard & seen as well, pretty insane that they're sticking with that. I've heard Shift is being more flexible with their programs and working with providers on it, although haven't seen any formal communication yet.
At least FordDirect made a formal announcement and the tone I've had from Mazda has been encouraging. Keep in mind, I don't think Shift runs FCA programs any longer. Isn't it Internet Brands now? Or am I wrong?

Woah, just got a letter from FCA explaining what they're offering. Finally! Basically VGP and PAP program enhancements along with Digital Retailing reimbursements. It'll be interesting to see what FordDirect sends out today.

Anyone see any language from other OEMs that they can share in regards to discounting or enhancement of co-op programs, etc?