• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Coronavirus Dealer Relief - TrueCar just cut our rates by half for April. Who's next?

Woah, just got a letter from FCA explaining what they're offering. Finally! Basically VGP and PAP program enhancements along with Digital Retailing reimbursements. It'll be interesting to see what FordDirect sends out today.

Anyone see any language from other OEMs that they can share in regards to discounting or enhancement co-op programs?

That's great! Any specifics that you can share?

I've also heard that FCA is looking to loosen the rule around cancellations by the 10th of the month for same month termination for next few months. Historically, if you submitted a vendor cancellation after the 10th, a dealers last day would be the end of the following month. Now it looks like they're removing that, and if a dealer requests it, they can get out at the end of the same month.

That's great! Any specifics that you can share?

I've also heard that FCA is looking to loosen the rule around cancellations by the 10th of the month for same month termination for next few months. Historically, if you submitted a vendor cancellation after the 10th, a dealers last day would be the end of the following month. Now it looks like they're removing that, and if a dealer requests it, they can get out at the end of the same month.
Not sure I should share much of an OEM letter to dealers? If any other FCA dealer wants to post the letter, go for it, I'm just not brave enough to get into details.

@CraigB

CarSoup's response to COVID-19 Effective April 1-April 30 - CarSoup.com waives April Fees. Our two-part plan includes making it easier for buyers to connect with you in this troubling time and helping ease the financial burden you are dealing with. Step 1: CarSoup.com is waiving your monthly billing as an act of support for the dealer community who has worked together with us for the past 22 years. CarSoup was founded by dealers, for dealers and you will always come first. This will not be easy on our business or our employees but we know these are confusing times and thirty days from now we will know a lot more. We simply believe it is the right thing to do at this time. We will communicate by April 20th regarding May plans. Step 2: Effective March 23rd We are rolling out a shop at home feature that highlights dealers who are willing to sell a car to someone without the customer having to come into the dealership. This process can be online or offline. As long as you are willing to sell and deliver the car at the customer's residence or work, you can be included in this program. Please contact your account manager for more details.

Reactions: CraigB
1586018976756.png

LOL --

Guess we are not all "in this together" -- no more free/non-paying leads

Dealers that cancel also go into this "suspended activity" -- leads to be delivered back when things return to normal.... like dealers really want a 4 week old lead?? maybe 6 weeks?? 8 weeks?? "Hey mister customer, that car you requested information on last month?? You still interested??"

Shoppers that submit leads are normally in market/serious ...right? Isn't that what these listing sites pitch?

-- Dealers pay nothing, but their inventory stays live on our site.
-- Leads are not sent in real time. Instead, shopper interest will go into a queue for later delivery. We’ll make clear to shoppers on VDPs and in confirmation emails that they won’t hear back from dealers immediately.

So basically, using our inventory to seem like they "have all the vehicles" -- but creating a shit-poor user experience, which ultimately passes to the dealer.

If I was a dealer - I would force CarGurus to remove my inventory -- don't let them USE YOU, to make themselves look better!

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexander Lau