• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

The WOW Factor at your dealership

danoneil

Boss
Apr 16, 2009
Awards
First Name
Dan
I am curious to know what your dealership is doing that WOW's your car buying customers or your current service customers.

Free Car Wash ? Vacuum vehicles after service ? What about coffee & bagels ? Oil Changes etc..

I think we all offer a shuttle service, but what else is happening that you would consider a "wow" to your customers ?

The dealership I worked for prior was big on WOW factors. They were a Suzuki and Isuzu dealer before Isuzu stopped with their passenger line.

Some of the things were a weekly "Prize" game where you could win anything from $1000 off your purchase to Flat Screen TVs.

Additionally, Suzuki was a SubPrime lender based bank in themselves, so the promotions that they offered were really amazing.

We also had Continental Breakfast on weekends, Pizza at lunch, and the occasional Philly Cheesesteak Party! :)

When someone asks for a price....we give them 1.
When the customer wants their trade appraised, new vehicle picked out or not....we do.
We deliver what we promise.
Certified Toyotas really get floormats,keys etc....
When someone asks for an interest rate.... we give them 1.
When taking delivery of a new Toyota with Nav, Bluetooth etc.... we really show them how it works.
When someone walks into the showroom they don't find a bunch of goons in bad suits eagerly waiting to fleece them.
When someone wants to read testimonials......we give them 900 plus Acton Toyota of Littleton - Toyota, Scion - Dealership Ratings

Oh yeah...we also have an amazing service department and a cafeteria.Boston Toyota Service | Toyota Tires | Toyota Brakes

When someone asks for a price....we give them 1.
When the customer wants their trade appraised, new vehicle picked out or not....we do.
We deliver what we promise.
Certified Toyotas really get floormats,keys etc....
When someone asks for an interest rate.... we give them 1.
When taking delivery of a new Toyota with Nav, Bluetooth etc.... we really show them how it works.
When someone walks into the showroom they don't find a bunch of goons in bad suits eagerly waiting to fleece them.
When someone wants to read testimonials......we give them 900 plus Acton Toyota of Littleton - Toyota, Scion - Dealership Ratings

Oh yeah...we also have an amazing service department and a cafeteria.Boston Toyota Service | Toyota Tires | Toyota Brakes

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the info. Great Job with Dealerrater. When I read your list, they are all a very good business practice and can definately be a wow. I think its in the best interest of every dealership to follow those guidelines.

The cafeteria is the most interesting thing. Can you tell us more about it ?

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the info. Great Job with Dealerrater. When I read your list, they are all a very good business practice and can definately be a wow. I think its in the best interest of every dealership to follow those guidelines.

The cafeteria is the most interesting thing. Can you tell us more about it ?

Just had some lunch from our cafe now.....it's been a great add for service customers who recieve a breakfast/lunch coupon when they check in to service, for sales customers on a busy day while waiting for finance as well as employees who can have a relaxing lunch without having to leave the building.

As far as DealerRater.com goes.........well that's when the list of always known/seldom practiced "best practices" I listed come into play.

1. Provide a DealerRater.com worthy experience.
2. Ask your customers to write a review.
3. Repeat :D