• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Any companies that Deduplicate CRM Data

ideveroux

Full Sticker
Feb 13, 2010
Awards
First Name
Ian
Does anyone know of any company that can de-duplicate our records in VinSolutions? I am trying to clean up our CRM before we begin deleting records with the new FTC Regulations going into effect in December. We, and i'm sure everyone does, have tens of thousands of service records which do not match sales records, sales records which were never merged together, etc...

I don't want to end up deleting customer sales data from 10 years ago when they have been servicing the same vehicle we sold them ever since. New regulations will only allow us to keep records where there is a legitimate reason, like recent sales/service/parts/body shop records.

Vinsolutions claims they have not such ability nor do they offer a paid for service to do this and we simply can not take the months to manually do this for all our records.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian Deveroux
Internet Marketing Director
[email protected]
410-666-9600

Does anyone know of any company that can de-duplicate our records in VinSolutions? I am trying to clean up our CRM before we begin deleting records with the new FTC Regulations going into effect in December. We, and i'm sure everyone does, have tens of thousands of service records which do not match sales records, sales records which were never merged together, etc...

I don't want to end up deleting customer sales data from 10 years ago when they have been servicing the same vehicle we sold them ever since. New regulations will only allow us to keep records where there is a legitimate reason, like recent sales/service/parts/body shop records.

Vinsolutions claims they have not such ability nor do they offer a paid for service to do this and we simply can not take the months to manually do this for all our records.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian Deveroux
Internet Marketing Director
[email protected]
410-666-9600
MAYBE? if you need custom solution, we have done similar requests previously. but for your case would require researching solution vitals i.e. remote access to dms data, script/bots, to match data based on bin, phone, customer, etc
[email protected]

Adding to this post to try to get a little more feedback on it. We LOVE DriveCentric CRM, but duplicates is an area of major weakness. Wondering if anyone has a good service to help clean up duplicates. Also would be nice to scrub some vehicles that are no longer owned.

Adding to this post to try to get a little more feedback on it. We LOVE DriveCentric CRM, but duplicates is an area of major weakness. Wondering if anyone has a good service to help clean up duplicates. Also would be nice to scrub some vehicles that are no longer owned.
Thanks Bill, I have not found any company willign to do it. I contacted several CRM companies like Dealersocket and a few more but they had no such a-la-carte program. I even offered to pay 5k to just migrate over to them like we were switching CRM companies then push the deduped records back to Vinsolutions but noone took m up on that offer :(

Thanks Bill, I have not found any company willign to do it. I contacted several CRM companies like Dealersocket and a few more but they had no such a-la-carte program. I even offered to pay 5k to just migrate over to them like we were switching CRM companies then push the deduped records back to Vinsolutions but noone took m up on that offer :(
Pretty wild. I'm guessing VIN has at least shown you how to do this manually?

rofl, yeah we've been tackling it a few days a week, still hvae over 10k dupliates and it regenerates every day with service records not matching
Thought you would say that. Ha. We started cleaning them up as soon as we started with VIN and just kept up with it weekly, so it wasn't so bad. Unfortunately, DriveCentric doesn't have a good manual process where you can see all of your dupes in one place. Only when you are actually viewing a customer profile can you see that there was a duplicate.

If there are no readily available solutions, consider hiring a software development team to create a custom script or tool that can assist in de-duplicating records in VinSolutions. This might be a more time-consuming and expensive option, but it could be tailored to your specific needs.