• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anyone use Facebook ads and have had success?

So are Google and Amazon.
Let me know when Silicon Valley figures out how the automotive industry really works.
True, but the reality is there's a crap ton of money being spent on Facebook ads (not that there isn't with Google). I see it a lot in the sales attribution world. If they can make it easier and massage the industry, they might make even more money. They know darn well that dealers are dumping money into paid advertising there. :)

Hi everyone. This is my first time on this forum, and I thought this was a perfect thread for me to introduce myself on. I've seen a lot of comments that are spot on, particularly that starting with your current customer list is crucial, and that you definitely want to look into Facebook's offline matchback tool, as that is essential if you want to get real sales attribution for your campaigns.

One thing that surprises me is I haven't seen mention of loyalty campaigns or retargeting campaigns. We have 4 different types of campaigns that dealerships might run at any given time. Our assumption is that it is best to run all of them concurrently, but we don't have the data to prove that out yet.
  • Audience Builder: Drive as much traffic to the dealer's VDPs as possible. For the most part, we let Facebook decide who to market to in the DMA. Mostly we recommend this to independents that have trouble getting enough traffic / sales to have effective Conquest / Retargeting campaigns right out of the gate.
  • Conquest: Get customer data from dealer's DMS, and use that data to get a look alike audience.
  • Loyalty: Using the same customer data from the DMS, find customers in an equity position and target those customers directly with vehicle specials.
  • Retargeting: Use the Facebook pixel installed on dealer's website to serve ads of the same vehicle or a vehicle similar to what the person viewed on the dealer's website.
I'm curious if you think there are any holes in our prospect coverage with our current implementation.

Hi everyone. This is my first time on this forum, and I thought this was a perfect thread for me to introduce myself on. I've seen a lot of comments that are spot on, particularly that starting with your current customer list is crucial, and that you definitely want to look into Facebook's offline matchback tool, as that is essential if you want to get real sales attribution for your campaigns.

One thing that surprises me is I haven't seen mention of loyalty campaigns or retargeting campaigns. We have 4 different types of campaigns that dealerships might run at any given time. Our assumption is that it is best to run all of them concurrently, but we don't have the data to prove that out yet.
  • Audience Builder: Drive as much traffic to the dealer's VDPs as possible. For the most part, we let Facebook decide who to market to in the DMA. Mostly we recommend this to independents that have trouble getting enough traffic / sales to have effective Conquest / Retargeting campaigns right out of the gate.
  • Conquest: Get customer data from dealer's DMS, and use that data to get a look alike audience.
  • Loyalty: Using the same customer data from the DMS, find customers in an equity position and target those customers directly with vehicle specials.
  • Retargeting: Use the Facebook pixel installed on dealer's website to serve ads of the same vehicle or a vehicle similar to what the person viewed on the dealer's website.
I'm curious if you think there are any holes in our prospect coverage with our current implementation.
There have been mentions of "loyalty" and "retargeting" with custom dB uploads into FB (which covers a lot of what you've listed), etc., you're just not reading between the lines. Nonetheless, your offering looks like a good one. You might as well just put a link to your site which is https://www.autosweet.com. The post above is cleverly written, to attract potential dealers. You're crossing into "attribution" zones with the application of FB pixels on to sites. At least, "web traffic atttibution." Great practice!

Last edited:
The post above is cleverly written, to attract potential dealers.

UnluckyThickIrishterrier.gif

Ha ha...! It doesn't take away from the efficacy of your toolset, Autosweet looks good. I've measured a bunch of (AS campaigns) that created leads that drove to actual sales (attribution). I see references to your group all of the time, so I know it works LOL! :)

Oops, would you look at that, another quality hyperlink (via auto forum) back to your site! ;-)

Last edited:
Gary Vaynerchuk school of thought - FB is underpriced attention (still...even in 2018). It is our 3rd largest referral source atm. Measuring 'success' is a bit trickier...how would you define - connecting any digital dot to a revenue producing sale is hard imho.