• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Attribution: Do you give the last touchpoint all of the credit for a sale?

@Alexander Lau , I agree with @ed.brooks on this one.

I agree with what you are saying with regard to seeing the same trend repeat itself once a 3 month data pool is gathered.

The problem is not what the tool will observe, the problem is that the data WILL change. Competitors will change their pricing model on a weekly basis. The market will shift especially on used. This will need to be an ongoing measurement.

This is why we offer a continuing monthly report because It does need to be an ongoing measurement. Consumers shopping behaviors change regularly due to the market changing regularly.

This is why we offer a continuing monthly report because It does need to be an ongoing measurement. Consumers shopping behaviors change regularly due to the market changing regularly.
I disagree, you can see trends over 90 days and those same trends generally stick throughout the year.

All this is going to be free or super cheap through Google and will wrap in with GA.
https://www.google.com/analytics/attribution/

Last edited:
Alex, I would expect a more professionally worded post from DealerRefresh. I don't see how Driven Data's platform (which seems interesting) negates the need for most dealers to improve their attribution efforts or renders attribution "dead". Without proper attribution (beyond trends) they are simply connecting the wrong advertising sources with the wrong spends into the DD platform.

Reactions: charles cokeley
Alex, I would expect a more professionally worded post from DealerRefresh. I don't see how Driven Data's platform (which seems interesting) negates the need for most dealers to improve their attribution efforts or renders attribution "dead". Without proper attribution (beyond trends) they are simply connecting the wrong advertising sources with the wrong spends into the DD platform.

I guess you'll just have to watch to find out.

As far as the language, welcome to DealerRefresh :hello: ....we are unapologetic in the pursuit of speaking truths, no matter how those truths are stated.